Jake Brakes for 2004 Dodge 2500 Diesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

threeful

Can these brake be put on this truck.  I thought I read somewhere you can't put these types of brakes on a Dodge or it will void the warranty. Also, any idea of the cost?

Thanks

There's a big difference between a "JAKE" brake and and exhaust brake. You can't put a JAKE brake on your Dodge, but you can put an exhaust brake on it. NO, an exhaust brake will not void your warranty. Do a search on JAKE BRAKE in the the forum and library. This topic has been hashed over several times.

Chet18013

Dodge outlawed exhaust brakes on their trucks for awhile - they were having problems with automatic transmission failures when an exhaust brake was installed. I believe the restriction has been lifted now, but check with Dodge on your 2004.

I had the Dodge/Cummins approved exhaust brake installed on my 2004 diesel by a Dodge dealer.

There were issues for both manual & automatic.  The manual transmission issues were resolved.  Don't know about the automatic.

Cost like $1700.  I would have willingly paid for it again several times traveling out west.

Two suggestions: Turbo Diesal Register and find a Dodge Dealer with lots of Diesel Trucks in the service area.  My local dealer didn't seem knowlegble or interested. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom