January trip from Ohio to Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Linn and I have thinking about attending one of the RV Driving Schools. Looks like the courses are offered in Conroe, TX. I just e-mailed them to see if maybe we could swing in there on our way out QZ.

Anyone taken their classes? Comments? Worth the money? Know of other outfits offering driving instructions for RVs?

Paul & Linn

pjweimer said:
Linn and I have thinking about attending one of the RV Driving Schools.  Know of other outfits offering driving instructions for RVs?

Hi Paul and Lin,

I took driving lessons from Dick Reed's RV Driving School.  Jerry Ray was my wonderfully kind, supportive instructor. They give lessons in the Yuma area and you drive your own rig.  I've looked all over for a card with the phone number on it and can't find it (Sorry Jerry) I give out cards all the time and seem to have run out. Jerry reads this forum so maybe he can get you a contact number.  I think it is well worth the money plus we received a discount on our RV insurance as a result of having taken the class. While  I still don't drive that much , I am a much better navigator as a result of class.  One whole day was spent backing up so I learned pivot points and can better direct him into a parking place. Dozens of times driving down the road I can hear Jerry's voice saying..." Now as you round this corner watch for the cross winds  or watch for the merging traffic that might be coming from this on ramp.  He gave LOTS of helpful hints I would never have otherwise considered. I'd sure give them a call.
Betty

Betty,

I had previously checked Dick Reed's RV Driving School web site... that's where I got the TX location. Seems they have 5 or 6 places around the country.
We thought about waiting until we got to Quartzsite, AZ, then drop down to Yume for the course but wondered if it might be tough gets a slot while the January acitivities are going on.

It's good to hear from someone that has taken their course.

Thanks for the comments,
Paul

Back
Top Bottom