Jayco Eagle 298 - no sink water pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gil4900

Hello. I'm new to the forums and glad to be here. I have a friend with a Jayco 298 that has no water pressure at the sink in the kitchen. Everywhere else is halfway decent, except for that area. This problem just occurred one day out of the blue and I'm wondering what it could be. We change the water pressure regulator outside, and the pressure is good. We blew a hose up the other day but luckily no interior Plumbing. Thank you

I really don't think so. The pressure is also low in the bathroom sink but not really in the shower. It seems to be affecting the whole system but more so in the kitchen sink

If you're hooked to a hose make sure it is not kinked. Check the filter screen where the hose connects to your RV. Check the pressure and flow being delivered from the hose.

If you're on tank water check the filter screen on your water pump.

If you have a whole house water filter or softener installed check it for flow.

Thank you. Trying to locate the water filter at the moment. Having trouble finding it

I took the aerator off of the tip of the sink faucet and it had some Gunk on there. I cleaned it off and it helped just a little bit. I went outside and clean the aerator on the outside in lit or the hose connects. It helped just barely a little bit more but still no water pressure really. We have a 40 to 50 psi regulator on the outside brand new. I'm thinking the RV may not have a water filter? I'm not sure

I'm thinking the RV may not have a water filter?
If you have a wet bay, that would be a good place to look. If there it will also be near the city water connection as that water must be routed through it. Have you tried using the water pump from the RV potable water tank? Most likely that would not pass through an onboard filter if you have one and it would also eliminate the water system if pressure from it is all normal. On the other hand, if water pressure is just as bad from the pump as from the city connection, the means that the supply side isn't the problem.

There is also a check valve on the water inlet where the hose connects. Though most of the time the problem is the check valve sticks open, causing water to discharge from the fresh water inlet. It may be partially stuck and not opening completely causing low water volume.
If you are getting better pressure and volume using the fresh water tank and pump, there is a restriction in the city water line before it 'tees' to at the pump.

I took the aerator off of the tip of the sink faucet and it had some Gunk on there. I cleaned it off and it helped just a little bit. I went outside and clean the aerator on the outside in lit or the hose connects. It helped just barely a little bit more but still no water pressure really. We have a 40 to 50 psi regulator on the outside brand new. I'm thinking the RV may not have a water filter? I'm not sure
Remove the regulator from the system and see if that helps

Back
Top Bottom