Jeep Tale of Woe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil

Sunday: Start Jeep and notice air conditioner is sending out warm air.  Try to roll down windows to cool the car but, none of them work.  The automatic headlights are no longer automatic.  The trip computer does not work.  No big deal, I have had a Body Control Module replaced before.  :mad:

Monday: Take Jeep to local dealer to get it fixed.  Jeep dealer does not have replacement module in stock.  Says "maybe tomorrow."

Tuesday:  Jeep dealer says "we had to send it back to the factory because they won't send us a new one until they check the old one.

Wednesday:  Jeep dealer says "gee, I don't know why it is taking so long."

Thursday:  Jeep dealer says "we can't find a tracking number for the module."

Friday:  Jeep dealer says, "yes we can give you a loaner."

Saturday: The loaner is a 2008 4WD 4 Door Dodge pickup with a Cummins Diesel.  It sits a lot higher than my Grand Cherokee and has a great view. 

Sunday:  The Dodge is fun to drive.  I wonder if I will ever get my Jeep back. ???

PhilB

Do you care if you ever get your Jeep back if they let you keep the "loaner"?  :D

Wendy

That is a real bummer Phil.  Sounds like a dealer on State Street.  Hope they get it figured out before you decide to keep the truck.

Wendy said:
Do you care if you ever get your Jeep back if they let you keep the "loaner"?  :D

Hi Wendy,

I really like the Jeep.  It is more comfortable than the truck but, the truck is a real kick to run around in.  It has a short bed so, it's only about a foot longer than the Jeep but, it sure is high.  :)

PhilB

Ron said:
That is a real bummer Phil.  Sounds like a dealer on State Street.  Hope they get it figured out before you decide to keep the truck.

Hi Ron,

Nope.  The old Hayes/De MartiniWhatEver Jeep dealer on State got merged into the Hinkley Dodge dealership across the street.  It did not improve.  I am using Ken Garff in West Valley because of the great ratings they have with all of their dealerships.  Garff also has a very high rated Honda dealership on Main Street which is closer to my side of town in case my next Jeep turns out to not be a real Jeep.  ;D

I won't keep the Dodge truck.  It's not a Jeep.

PhilB

Phil said:
Sunday: Start Jeep and notice air conditioner is sending out warm air.  Try to roll down windows to cool the car but, none of them work.  The automatic headlights are no longer automatic.  The trip computer does not work.  No big deal, I have had a Body Control Module replaced before.  :mad:

Monday: Take Jeep to local dealer to get it fixed.  Jeep dealer does not have replacement module in stock.  Says "maybe tomorrow."

Tuesday:  Jeep dealer says "we had to send it back to the factory because they won't send us a new one until they check the old one.

Wednesday:  Jeep dealer says "gee, I don't know why it is taking so long."

Thursday:  Jeep dealer says "we can't find a tracking number for the module."

Friday:  Jeep dealer says, "yes we can give you a loaner."

Saturday: The loaner is a 2008 4WD 4 Door Dodge pickup with a Cummins Diesel.  It sits a lot higher than my Grand Cherokee and has a great view. 

Sunday:  The Dodge is fun to drive.  I wonder if I will ever get my Jeep back. ???

Monday: Jeep dealer says "the person that normally handles this kind of stuff screwed up.  The correct part is being shipped from Michigan.  It should be here by Friday."

I almost asked why they didn't have it shipped overnight but, I might as well keep the Dodge for a while longer.  ;D

PhilB

Humm.. I remember when I took my MH into the authorized workhorse center for the fuel clip recall.. I said "I'd like to have the job done in 2 weeks" and the gal said she should not get the part that fast (Standard Chevy part, it's a chevy dealer, they likley have at least a dozen of 'em in stock)  I told her I'd get the part, schedule the job.
(I live in Detroit, Workhorse HQ is Troy)

Called Alan Steig, (spelling) National service manager for Workhorse

He delivered the part, and his business card, 6pm that evening

2 weeks later I turned in the keys, and the clip... attached to Alan's card.

Some months later I had a switch fail (Brake light) Taking out Cruise control and ABS.... Well, soon as they identified it as the problem they spent time on the phone and tracked one down

Fed-Ex overnight

Whatever happened to "It takes us more than 2 weeks to get parts"?

Phil said:
Hi Ron,

Nope.  The old Hayes/De MartiniWhatEver Jeep dealer on State got merged into the Hinkley Dodge dealership across the street.  It did not improve.  I am using Ken Garff in West Valley because of the great ratings they have with all of their dealerships.  Garff also has a very high rated Honda dealership on Main Street which is closer to my side of town in case my next Jeep turns out to not be a real Jeep.  ;D

I won't keep the Dodge truck.  It's not a Jeep.

PhilB

We usually use the dealership in Bountiful and have received very good service there.

Back
Top Bottom