Jekyll Island Georgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rider1520

Are there any RV campgrounds on Jekyll Island. I have a 30’ class A without a toad. Going down middle of April

Jekyll island is not that big. You could ride a bike around it in less than 2 hrs.
I have never stayed on the island just visited. The campground is pretty tight

Any Idea how hard it is to get a reservation?

Is this one of those State Parks that requires 6 months or more in advance?

I was just down there on April 14th and while they did have some openings, it was more difficult to get someone to answer the phone. They have a message that says they are short staffed because of the pandemic and to leave a number and they will call you back but it took them a good full 24hrs for someone to do so. Until then you are in limbo wondering if they are going to call or not.

I wound up staying at a RV park just off the island. The place used to be called Grand Island RV park and is still listed that way of you google it but it is under new ownership and has a new name when you pull in. Nice campground, nice staff, and had last minute openings.

Thanks for the information. I notice alot of campgrounds are on a "call you back" status.

I'm going to call in the morning and see if I can get a site in 3 weeks. Hope I get lucky.:)

I called and they called me back in an hour and said they are fully booked till fall and that is filling up fast. Sometimes you can get 1 night reservations.

Yes, just one. On north end of island near fishing pier. Nice folks, fairly clean..sites can be a little tight (especially in winter). A bike will take you everywhere on Island. In the “new” section with hotels etc is a grocery. Remember you have to pay to get on island. Spring time is beautiful

not much very close to it...as in next door close. The fishing pier previously mentioned is there...as is the driftwood beach. Most of the other stuff on the island is further South.

I stayed at the Jekyll Island Campground about five years ago. I remember it being heavily wooded with very tight spaces. Personally, I would not stay there again because I like space. That was also the memorable place where some misguided camp hosts decided an after-dark teen scavenger hunt would be a fun idea. Lots of screaming teens until 10 pm, similar to the Ohio state park that sponsored a night-time Big Foot Calling Contest for teens.

There are also a couple of golf cart rental companies on the island. I rented a golf cart to explore and drive around the island. Only problem was running out of a charge.

Back
Top Bottom