john deere frame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prairie

i recently purchased a georgie boy which is sitting on a john deere frame. Supposed to be a good frame I was told? Anyone else know about these? Also has a 7k Kohler generator with 104 hrs. How many hours before I would need a new one?      Prairie Dan

I don't know about John Deer when it comes to RV frames but in the areas I do know them they have an excelent reputation
(Farm Tractors and equipment)

As for that generator with only 104 hours on it,  Assuming you changed the oil, inspected it throughly for rust, corrosion and other negative things like bird/wasp nests in the air-intake (Don't laugh)

And assuming you continue to maintain it, regular oil changes, regular exercise and the like

You will likely require replacement before it will... Many, Many, Many hours

Dan

>>Also has a 7k Kohler generator with 104 hrs. How many hours before I would need a new one?? <<

As long as you do the required maintenance & exercise the generator monthly with a full load it will last 1000's of hours...I have 1350 hrs on my 8k Onan.

Terry
At Forest Grove, OR

prairie said:
i recently purchased a georgie boy which is sitting on a john deere frame. Supposed to be a good frame I was told? Anyone else know about these? Also has a 7k Kohler generator with 104 hrs. How many hours before I would need a new one?      Prairie Dan

Dan

The John Deere chassis was a forerunner of the Oshkosh chassis which is now Freightliner. You are eligible to join the Freightliner Chassis Owners' Club  ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom