Johnsonville sausage strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a johnsonville product I thought the flavor was pretty flat. Definitely not what I was expecting.
It may depend on where you buy it. While living in Alabama we found that the Johnsonville sausage seemed somewhat bland compared to the same product bought in Arkansas and Illinois.

It may depend on where you buy it.
That is interesting, I would have assumed it was the same recipe all around..................

Then I figured it out!

This was supposed to be an item you read about in the funny papers?

For breakfast sausage I prefer Jimmy Dean hot sausage. Johnsonville makes really good beer brats.
If you like the Johnsonville beer brats, you should try their "Grillers". It's the same meat as the Brats, but formed into a paddy, just like a hamburger. The only difference.....no skin/casing like the brats. They are really good when done on a grill.

For breakfast sausage I prefer Jimmy Dean hot sausage. Johnsonville makes really good beer brats.
I agree, though we typically use the large package of Jimmy Dean from Costco which is labeled All Natural, Regular (sort of medium, actually) -- hot is a tad much for us these days and the JD is overall somewhat tastier. Johnsonville is OK (at least the links) but noticeably milder. The Jimmy Dean makes excellent sausage gravy to go with your favorite biscuits, MUCH more so than the rather bland stuff you get in most restaurants.

For a johnsonville product I thought the flavor was pretty flat. Definitely not what I was expecting.
You know that "Flavor is pretty flat" considering it's a bacon replacement (Flat strip) is almost a PUN. OH I have not tried them but about the only product I frequent is cheddar brats.
Everything is better with Cheddar and I like brats.

So, sounds redundant. Like toilet papering a Tee Pee.
Chorizo does mean sausage but it is made different that a bratwurst or say a boudin. Different spices. There are applications where you might use a smoked sausage like red beans and rice or Italian sausage for spaghetti. Chorizo is often served with huevos rancheros or paella and in Europe chorizo is served with scallops.

Not only is Chorizo different from other sausages, but there are considerable differences between Chorizo from Spain and that from Mexico. A web search finds lots of interesting information...

So my opinion of the sausage strips. They pair well with eggs and tater tots, :giggle::coffee:. I actually think they could use a bit more flavor, I will try the Chorizo next time.

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpeg
    IMG_2140.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 7
I bought a pack of the chorizo strips since it was mentioned that the original were a tad bland.

We thought they were good. Kinda taste like pepperoni.

Will try the original next while it is on sale at that store.

Found them at Giant grocery store for $3.99 a 12 ounce pack.

Most stores carry them for $5.25 to $5.99.

I guess the prices are regional and the sale prices cheap only if you get lucky.

The package says not to freeze more than 30 days. I assume the strips lose their integrity after that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom