Joshua Tree Part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
We left the Quartzsite area on Thursday and drove to Joshua Tree National Park. The flowers in the southern end were in full bloom. We didn't have time to do the whole park but it appeared the color was just north of I-10. Attached are some photos.

Attachments

• Desert Bluebells.JPG
    Desert Bluebells.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Desert Dandelion.JPG
    Desert Dandelion.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Joshua Tree Vista.JPG
    Joshua Tree Vista.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 29
  • s Fireweed.JPG
    s Fireweed.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 26
Nice pictures Jim.  Re fireweed: the fireweed we saw in Alaska was red, not yellow.  We were told they are called fireweed as they are always the first plants to sprout in an area that has been burned over.

Beautiful flower pics Jim.  Hopefully when we get to Moab and on the way there will be some great flower pics.  Did get some on the north end of the 303 last Sunday when Ned and I took a ride out there.

DonJordan said:
Nice pictures Jim.  Re fireweed: the fireweed we saw in Alaska was red, not yellow.  We were told they are called fireweed as they are always the first plants to sprout in an area that has been burned over.

Hi Don,

Thanks. There sure are a lot of flowers to photograph this year! Interesting note on the fireweed. Pat has a book on desert flowers so she is the one who is responsible for the names. :) I guess there are variations in many plants. We're in Inyokern at the moment and the desert is covered in blue and yellow. I'll have additional photos soon. Hope to get to DV tomorrow. It was raining today but cleared occasionally. It's looking better right now.

We found many off road trails in this area. I can see one from the coach that goes up the side of a mountain which has a very interesting formation at the top. Might give that a try shortly. ;D ;D  Many of the trails appear to be BLM. This is a really neat area to explore. Might have to come back again someday.

Hi Lorna,

Thanks. The subjects make photographing easy. :) I'm sure you'll see some flowers. They are everywhere this year!

Jim,

The Pictures are great. Look as good or better the five years ago.

Did you stay at the RV park near the southern entrance??

Ken

Ken,

We didn't stay in the park. We went to Trump 29.(G) We tried Cottonwood but the site was not very level and we just barely made it. Plus they have generator hours that might have made it difficult for us as we had planned on being gone most of the day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom