Journey headlight improvement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are very close to what I used to run, but mine weren't approved, these are.. If you install these and are dragging down the 12volts to the lamp, then you need to install an aux relay because your system wiring cannot handle either your existing or the replacement lamps. The difference will amaze you.. Wish mine were round :(

2dalake said:
I got these from Summit Racing....they had the best price I could find.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hla-002395301/overview/

Thank you for the information, I found them on amazon dot com and here are the specifications:

HELLA Vision Plus Halogen Conversion Headlamps replace 7 inch sealed-beam lamp units (H6024)
Single lamp with high/low beams and 12V 60/55W HB2 (9003) bulb included fits left or right

My interest was the wattage and as you can see high beam on the lights above are 60W, Low beam is 55W.
They offer a H4 bulb that is 100W high beam and 80W low beam,

As far as wiring it's my opinion the OEM wiring will be fine with the 60/55W bulbs but may be a concern with the higher wattage bulbs,
Also the higher wattage bulbs are not DOT approved but are an option if needed :) :)

They don't last as long, but I've run them on a motorhome and they're great

So far the lights on my 2010 Journey have been pretty good.  I wonder if Winnie has went to a different type of light over the older models.  I think that they are hallogen bulbs in a plastic housing.  I'm not positive though.

I sure don't like mine. I've replaced the lamps with Silver Star Ultra's, and it still not where I'd like it to be. The only time it's made me nervous is on a night approach to Quartszite coming South on the 95.

I'm going to add looking at what's the problem on the punch list before we leave this year.

Lots of talk here. Very little about two major issues. And probably what helped the original poster the most....

1:) Aim. Get your headlights aimed correctly. It's not hard.

2:) Voltage to the headlights. Improving the voltage by just 1 volt, say from 12.5 to 13.5, will make the lights 30% brighter!

Some data:
10.5V : 510 lumens
11.0V : 597 lumens
11.5V : 695 lumens
12.0V : 803 lumens
12.5V : 923 lumens
12.8V : 1000 lumens
13.0V : 1054 lumens
13.5V : 1198 lumens
14.0V : 1356 lumens
14.5V : 1528 lumens

Back