Just got my 06 Georgie Boy back from Camping World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

95pace

Took my Rv in to CW couple of weeks ago due to locked up rear  ac compressor and noisy transfer switch.Wound up I also needed a new rear furnace motor because it was locked up also,plus the slideout in bedroom broke a shear pin while yhey were working on it.When the guy called and told me all that was wrong I could not believe this much stuff could happen at once.I just bought this unit in Aug of this yr and have camped in it 4 times,I traded a 95 Pace Arrow in on this unit for the newer coach and the slides and more room.The Pace had been a pretty solid motorhome had the expected brake problems ,and other powertrain related issues due to age,but  all the amenities had held up great.I was told that my extended warranty would not pay for the furnace motor due to corrosion which was somehow my fault,I told the guy there was no way this had happened since I had bought the unit and hadn't even tried the furnace out yet due to the warm weather.They gave me a paper when I bought it saying they had checked all this stuff out ,so obviously they didn't check the furnace.He told me I was probably right as it was in the summer they never checked the furnace and agreed to eat the 700.00 bill to repair it.All the repairs came to 2443.00 and we paid 50.00 am very thankful for the extended warranty.I think it almost paid for itself on this one instance,hope I have no more problems with this unit it only has 14000 on her and seemed to be in excellent shape but you never know what can happen.

Nearly all extended warranties consider "corrosion" to be wear & tear rather than a failed part. Just one of the many loop holes that make them much less than what you may expect. Avoid mentioning anything at all about "corrosion" when making a claim.

The extended warrany is through Good Sam,and I was determined I was not paying for the furnace, considering they claimed to have tested all things on rv and claiming they worked ok.Besides 500.00 labor seemed quite high to me for this repair.

95pace said:
The extended warrany is through Good Sam,and I was determined I was not paying for the furnace, considering they claimed to have tested all things on rv and claiming they worked ok.Besides 500.00 labor seemed quite high to me for this repair.

The service center/dealer where I bought my MH has a sign on the wall that reads "Labor $116.00 a hour"

Scott  :)

Back
Top Bottom