Just here to introduce myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kenneth

My name is Kenneth.

I first want to start out by saying "I'm jealous ! " My wife Cindy and I are currently formulating our exit plan from the world of 9 to 5'ers. :mad:

We are just about ready to throw in the towel and leave the yard work behind and move into the motorcoach.

Currently on our second RV, 1st one was a TT ,this ones a Class A. Used mostly for weekends with the kids and some cross country trips.

Kids are grown and raising there own,so its getting time for us to enjoy second half of our lives. ;D

Welcome to our family Kenneth and hope you can take the plunge.  We did it beginning in June of this year and have not looked back since.  Started out in Maryland after selling everything, summered in Montana, wintering now in Phoenix, and many many interesting and exciting adventures along the way.

Once everything is sorted out,I'll be joining the crowd !

I've been researching the web for a new coach,narrowing it down to a Newmar DP. Are you happy with yours ? Got my eye on the Ventana,but open to suggestions.

Hi Kenneth,

Welcome to the forum! We've been full timing for 9 years. Sure was nice to get rid of the yard work and house maintenance.

Kenneth,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Like Smoky and Jim we can highly recommend the retirement.  The problem with retirement is you end up getting so busy with things you want to do you wonder just how you ever found time to work.  Glad you found us.

Kenneth:

I think the Ventana would be an excellent entry into diesel pushing.  I saw the very first one (customer version) being made for 2006 which was on the assembly line during the same time my 2005 KS was being built as the last one for 2005.  It is lovely.  I think it is priced about the same as the diesel Bounder, and given the choice i would opt for the Ventana.  We were told on the assembly line that the Ventana was specifically targeted to compete with Alpha.

Ron is right.  I never have enough time to get anything done.  I had time to do a job once, but now don't know how I would ever find time for a job.  The nice thing though is I have more say in how I spend my time.  :D

Word of caution about retirement.  There are a few things you loose when you retire.
1. No more paid vacation.
2. No more sick leave
3. No more paid holidays
4. No more weekends - - - -  Because your so busy doing what YOU want to do you  loose track of what day it is since every day is a great no 
                                        work day.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D ;) ;D ;D ;D

Welcome Kenneth:

Are ypu originally from Illinois by chance?

As new membesr of the retiree club we are learning not to schedule anything before noon or after 4:00PM because we are busy doing our own thing the rest of the time. With only four hours a day it is no wonder we get so little done! ;D ;D

Jeff

Lifelong traveler. I was a child of the international oil field group,travelled to a different country every year in search of oil...lol ;D

Spent alot of time overseas up till my teenage years. Then mostly grew up in West Texas. Currently living south of Houston,close to Ron's kids in League City Tx. ;) Reason for "happytrader59" is because I dabble a bit in the stock market. I've been extremely lucky at  being consistent .(daytrading)

Cindy was a military brat,so she travelled extensively also. You could say "we" were born to travel !

Now if I can just get all the planets to line up just right,so we can hit the road.

Back
Top Bottom