Just Making Friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
Perhaps it is just a misconception on my part but I feel that several threads here in the past few weeks have become too argumentitive or gotton very personal when differing opinions arose.

Since 2001 when we met the Brewers, Russ, and the other Forum members who attended FMCA in Redmond this Forum has been one of our greatest opportunities to make new friends who share our RVing interests and stay in contact with them.  It has included invitations to Forum members homes, great experiences in the Arizona desert, and many evenings spent on the Forum or around the virtual campfire. The discussion can be about the best TP to use or one of Betty's vivid descriptions of their travels but it has always had the feel and taste of friendship known here as Framily.

We all benefit from sharing RV technical issues and other travel knowledge but to me it is secondary to knowing you all.

As the Forum grows I sure hope we can all keep the true Framily spirit alive and well.

Thanks for posting that Jeff. Some of what you've observed can be put down to relative newcomers who aren't familiar with some of the unwritten rules about taboo subjects, some of which will bring out the worst in all of us if allowed.

Meeting folks in person has quite an impact on the way folks perceive and relate to each other.

That is what I love about this forum  It is like joining a family.  I would hope any new members here give serious consideration to attending at least one of the forum rallies.  Once you have met forum members face to face, and they have met you... forum conversations become so much more meaningful.

We especially like Quartzite, our biggest rally in January.  In fact we like it so much we reserve a full two weeks for it and stay until the very last campfire.

Jeff... I will be heading into Kalispell Wednesday morning.  Give us a call when you get near.  We are taking the coach to a dance next weekend.  I do not know where but Sharon has the particulars.

Thanks for posting that message Jeff.  It's that kind of behavior that chased me away a couple of years ago.  A very dear friend had been absent from the forum for quite a spell, because of the very rude behaviour of just a few.  When she came on again, at my urging, because I thought she would enjoy peeking in now and again, the same rude behavior was accorded her.  None of the boobs who insulted her had ever met her in person.  And therein lies the flaw.  Because she represented a company that many here are biased against, they never found out what a truly remarkable and "nice" person she really is.  They only know she works for a company they detest.  So much for "friendly family".......

Thanks for letting me vent, but I think sometimes people need to read every word, and not skim before answering.  They need sometimes read between the words to hear what is really being said.  And, they really have to meet these people in person, so that they can picture them actually saying the words they are typing and can see that twinkle in their eyes, or the giggle in their voice.  Most people just need to lighten up and not take everything so seriously......

These are Daisy's thoughts.  I only use Fred's byline.....................

Daisy,

A great message, thank you. I wasn't aware of the prior situation you mentioned.

I think sometimes people need to read every word, and not skim before answering.

Unfortunately, we see that quite a bit with some folks. Good point re knowing the folks one is replying to.

{quote]I wasn't aware of the prior situation you mentioned.
Not many were.  I was just so angry about the whole situation, I just never went back on-line.  It took Fred getting sick this year, for me to get back so I could keep up with the other great people and events on here.  I will tell you though, that every message those "boobs" post, I skip right by them, as nothing they have to say has any merit for me anymore.  I am enjoying the influx of many newbies and encourage them all to come out to some of our get-togethers and get to meet us and know us.  I still won't put much time in here, as I have developed "another" life, but I do want to keep up with what's going on, and who's doing it......  (I can't figure out how to put a smily there, but that twinkle is in my eye as I type.....)

Daisy

Daisy,

We would miss your twinkling eyes if don't come around here.  All of your friends are still here and enjoy your company.  Why not get your own account here so we don't confuse you with Fred (as if that could ever happen :) )

Daisy:

Hope you and Fred both continue your great contribuitions to our group.

See you in  January.

fredethomas said:
(I can't figure out how to put a smily there, but that twinkle is in my eye as I type.....)

Daisy,

Just click a smiley in the row above the box where you type the reply. But you must click the Reply button first.

Why not get your own account here so we don't confuse you with Fred

I will if I ever think I'll get that verbose again, and need to say a whole lot more than I've felt a need to these past few weeks. 

Daisy

Daisy, they MADE me get a separate account so I wasn't confused with Mike. It's actually been kind of fun being my own self ! And don't let those you disagree with (no matter who it is!!!) chase you away from the forum. There's always been room for all kinds of opinions here.

Looking forward to seeing you and Fred in Quartzsite in January.....come join the early group and we can make name badges for everyone!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom