Just saying hi- I am in full time rv living for the 7 th year.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bwheck

Hi folks. I took the RV living step  fulltime 7 years ago. I bought a new Salem Estate Villa 39 ft park model. I have a campground that (must remain confidential)gives me a great situation. The worst two things I deal with are 1.mildew + mold which I get every year around end of summer when humidity is at worst- lost materials, now carpets, pictures, shoes, clothes (my last sport coat) , and important papers- all that I thought I had handled properly. 2. It gets below freezing cold in Jan and February- the furnace, space heaters, and insulation just don't quite make it. I have been coming up with solutions to these problems every year. It gets a little better each time. The two best things? I hear the birds singing in the morning! I have plenty of glass and can look out at the trees and the woods every day anytime I want!

Hi all

Mildew and carpets:  Lay a new NON carpet floor.  After you do that, I bet a lot of mildew  issues will be gone.  Ask  the Campground owner if you can  move your unit to  the sunny section  of the campground.

But most of all:

If you LOVE it where  you live,  what does it matter?

Good advice Ziplock. Not to far from you- i'm in Lancaster county Pa.

Considering ripping the carpets out- for example- carpet under the bed - and I get mildew. Carpet next to the bed at the slideout walls- where my sleeping head lays adjacent- breathing that in? Carpet goes! I tried to live with it but no way anymore. As far as moving the trailer to a sunny spot- not available here. Good idea though.

Thanks

So...........

Why is it so wet where  your camper  is?

Yep,  you are about 2 hours from me.

There are many campgrounds in  Lancaster county.

Is Starlite near you?

I expected you to be in Florida or right on the beach, but Lancaster? Hmmmm, sounds like a lot of moisture for PA. I hope you have a dehumidifier running full time!

BWheck:  I live in southern Lancaster Co....the humidity and rain have been brutal this summer.  Not to mention the rains we had last Friday!  We have a dehumidifier in our house...I'd get one for the camper.  All that humidity can't be good for your camper and the mildew can't be good for you. 

Hi and welcome.  Good to have another voice of experience to join us.  Hope you get your problems eradicated soon!

Back
Top Bottom