Just saying Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New to forum, first post.  I have a 97 F350 dually with PowerStroke.  I'm looking to buy a used 5th wheel sometime in the future.  We had a motor home when the kids were young but don't want to go that route again.  Will soon be empty nesters and the 5th wheel looks as if it would suit our purposes just fine.  Hello to all.

BigRed CC Dually said:
New to forum, first post.? I have a 97 F350 dually with PowerStroke.? I'm looking to buy a used 5th wheel sometime in the future.? We had a motor home when the kids were young but don't want to go that route again.? Will soon be empty nesters and the 5th wheel looks as if it would suit our purposes just fine.? Hello to all.

Since you already have an adequate tow vehicle it sound like a fiver is the way to go.  Just be sure to nail down the tow ratings for your model and stay under, say, 80% of that with your trailer.  Especially if you plan to tow in the North American West.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please join in the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you might have relating to the RVing lifestyle.  You have found the right place to ask questions and get information relating to the RVing lifestyle.

Carl has given you some good advise on things to consider when buying a 5ver to tow behind your truck.

Thanks Carl,and Ron

20,000# gcvw for the 4:10 rear, E4OD automatic is what I have heard.  I've added additional ATF cooler and 170F ATF thermostat, remote filter for the ATF and a set of gages, ATF temp, EGT, and boost.  It's far from stock with a larger downpipe, 4" exhaust, flip chip with performance and tow programs as well as performance injectors...so the pull part is covered.  Not much additional I could do with the brakes.  I did go with Bilstein shocks all around.  It should do fine if I stay within the 20,000# gcvw rating.

Back
Top Bottom