Kanab or Jakob Lake CG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Johnson

My daughter and SIL are planning a visit to the north rim.  Does anyone have any park suggestions for them in the area?

Thanks

Howdy Jim,

We stayed at Jacob Lake a few years ago when we had the 93 Bounder.  Was alright then.  We have also stayed a couple times at Kanab that is ok too.  Jakob Lake is closer to the North Rim though.  As I recall it would be hard to get Satellite coverage there.

We stayed at Kanab RV Corral in June.  We really liked the campground.  It's small but clean and well maintained.  Kanab is a neat western town with very friendly people.  (I could reture there!)  We did day trips to Zion, Bryce and GC North Rim, (albeit long days  :) ).

Also, in Kanab is an animal sanctuary called "Animal Friends" where we had a great time.  (We even volunteered for a day!)

Enjoy.

Jim Johnson said:
My daughter and SIL are planning a visit to the north rim.  Does anyone have any park suggestions for them in the area?

Jmi

There is a nice NP campground at the north rim. Depending on time of year, reservations may be necessary and I understand that size limits have been imposed, tho we stayed there in our 40 footer without problem. The rim is in walking distance.

NPS website doesn't show a size limit for north rim but keep in mind that it closes in mid-October or when the road is closed due to snow and reliable sources say it's going to be an early winter.  Also, you pretty much can't get in there without a reservation. We've stayed at Jacobs Lake and liked it....lots of trees (sorry). And Kanab is a great town. I believe Betty Brewer has a list of 101 things to do in Kanab??

Wendy

Thanks for all the input.  I will pass it on to her.  We have been to Kanab and Jacob Lake several times but we were always on the 2-wheeler and not camping.

Back
Top Bottom