Keystone Cougar - 22 RBSWE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joester

Now that our class C is gone, and we've seen the prices on the Outdoor RV with the on-board propane generator, I'm looking at these Keystone Cougar models - we like the floorplan of the 22 RBS, and there's also the 22 RBSWE, which is the western model (I think). Was looking for some input on quality of build, issues, what to look for in a newer used model, maybe 2018 or 2019.
Thank you, have not yet ordered new pickup, still trailer shopping.
Thank again for any advice, or similar models/ floorplans. Like single door, and as close to a real king size bed as possible.

Outdoor RV has a reputation for quality built trailers with better insulation than a lot of other trailers. As for floor plan, that is an individual decision based on individual needs and wants. Myself, I don't have it, but would love to have a bed with room on both sides. Making the bed and getting up at night to use the bathroom are a lot easier with that design. But, that's just my wish for myself.

you see lots of Keystone Cougar products around - they build a good quality middle of the road RV nothing wrong with them and they are a good reseller too if you ever want to get rid of it - the name has a good reputation. But no genny. If truck shopping skip the 1/2 tons completely and go to 3/4 ton you will find it pulls much more sturdily - if you think you may want a fiver in the future for about an extra $1000 a 1 ton is your best bet.

We have a 2020 22RBS and like it. It is a great unit for a couple with plenty of storage and nice room for its size. Our unit was built pre-covid as it was completed 10/30/2019. It has been a very trouble free trailer. We had the choice of two, only difference was color of the recliners, and we picked the lighter color to go with white dog hair. The salesman, who is a longtime friend from other interests, told me of the tale of the other unit during prep and it was a long and dark tale too long to post. The two units had sequential vin numbers.
Moral is that any unit can be good or bad.
The WE designation may be an option for you or it may be all you can get. I am not sure where the distribution line is. The main difference is in the size of the storage tanks. Maybe color choices too. All the rest seems the same.

Attachments

• 61351A67-ED2D-4C87-9C9F-4730C4F1A4D9.jpeg
    61351A67-ED2D-4C87-9C9F-4730C4F1A4D9.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 6
Martian,
I see you have a Ram 1500, what type of payload does that have? Do you know what your actual payload weighs? There have been many replies to my posts saying how I need a 3/4 ton, which we really don't want. Nearly all of our miles in our new truck (not yet ordered, and no trailer purchased yet) will be without a trailer behind, looking for some real-world info from someone with this exact trailer, towing with a 1/2 ton. Many thanks.

Martian,
I see you have a Ram 1500, what type of payload does that have? Do you know what your actual payload weighs? There have been many replies to my posts saying how I need a 3/4 ton, which we really don't want. Nearly all of our miles in our new truck (not yet ordered, and no trailer purchased yet) will be without a trailer behind, looking for some real-world info from someone with this exact trailer, towing with a 1/2 ton. Many thanks.
I would see a problem with a properly outfitted 1/2 ton towing that trailer. My F150 would no problem. Looks like GVW is 7k lbs, so roughly 1k tongue. Stay away from loaded up versions with moonroofs and every heavy feature and I'd think you could do it no problems. Glad you understand that payload number (y)

Back
Top Bottom