Keystone Laredo 30BH quality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uzzi

Hi all, just wondering if anyone is familiar with the Laredo line, and what the quality of them is like?  We're looking at the 30BH 5er model.

Currently have a 1995 Jayco 303RK, its OK, but no slideout, would like some more room, etc, and I'd prefer the fiberglass as opposed to the tin siding, otherwise we quite like the Jayco.  But the boys are getting older (4&6).  The Laredo has bunks in the back, and "private" bedroom for them, as opposed to current sleeping arrangements of 1 on the dinette and 1 on the sofabed in the Jayco, and always having to make/unmake the beds.

Tow vehicle is a 2004 Ford F250 6.0 Powerstroke.

Thanks a bunch!

The Laredo is a great choice.  Quality for the price level is right there.  Lots more quality out there, but lots more money, for instance the Titanium with the 2 bedrooms in the rear with their own bathroom, however it is almost twice the price. 

Others to consider in the same price range/size range/quality range is the Prowler 315BH by Fleetwood and the Sierra 315BHT by Forest River. 

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.  Was looking at Prowler as well, as we have a dealer close for those too.  I looked at the 315BHS model, but didnt care for the floorplan as much, it looks like it has 2 sets of bunks at the back, but we only need one set, with 2 boys.

I was told by the Laredo dealer that their bunks are rated to 350lbs, while most others are only to 150.  I said even the top bunk??  And he said most definitely!

The other Prowler model that caught my eye was the 2952BS, quite similar to the Laredo 30BH floorplan in my opinion.

What I'm finding tho is quite a price difference between the Prowler and the Laredo for some reason, the Laredo is pricing out about 3-5000 less than the Laredo, but the Laredo dealer said they have 2 2007 models in at the current "sale" price and once they are gone and the next batch of '07's are in, the price will go up, more inline with the Prowler.

What are your thoughts on the quality comparison between the Prowler and the Laredo?  Kinda similar?

Pretty darn close and on average the same.  You can pick at different items, one is better, then another other item the other brand is better.  Floorplan ought to be the decision maker. 

Where are you located?

Bunk rating, might be able to support a 350 pounder, but try to get a 350 pounder into one.  That is a good rating for carrying.  Many other brands also have the 350 lb rating, they aren't really alone in that.

As to pricing, MSRP will be discounted.  Depending on how long the unit has been there will help the disc.  If they just got it and they can't keep them in stock, the disc will be less.  One on the lot 60 days will price out a bit better.

Yeah, thanks for the comments Bill, thats what I'm thinkin too about pricing, although these are brand new 2007 units mfg in Nov 06, he says the next batch will go up in price about 5k or so.......

And yeah, in comparing to the Prowler, I personally dont see much diff in quality, you're right it will come down to floor plan then

The dealer is a telephone call away from replacing the one you buy.  It doesn't matter if it's a popular model or not.  If they want to sell you a camper they have to be ready to give you the end of year price at the beginning of the year.  What is the MSRP on the camper you like and what is it?

dont even know msrp for sure, but I've been searching other dealers and it seems to be around 35000 CDN, this deal is for 29969 CDN, on the 30BH

Huh??  who should be ale to buy it for that?  Like I said, it retails at between 35-36 and on sale right now for 30, and they sounded quite firm on that price, called around to a couple other dealers in the area, and they are all quoting me around that $35 mark, of course thats right over the phone.

Maybe I should hire you to be my negotiator if you know something I dont.  No way they are going to sell it to me for 21

Be careful of what you read on the internet.  I read that JFK was alive, Elvis is in hiding and all kinds of things.  Sure, there are discounts to be had, but some of the percentages I read about aren't all that likely to happen.

However, end of model year, last unit on lot, new ones coming out, sometimes there is a manufacturer incentive that will be passed on, in that situation just be ready to put a deposit on it. 

No, for sure, I understand that, but theres no way that new 2007 unit will sell for just under 22000CDN anywhere.....if someone wants to buy it for 22 and sell it to me for 25, then we've got a deal...haha!

It might be possible to buy it at less than 22  Depends on the dealer.  If his nut has been made and the bonus programs have kicked in .  who knows?  Sometimes the best deal is to let them come to you.  Money talks.

You in Canada now?  Tricky with Camadians, if you buy down here you have to pay a tax up there.  What we do is deliver out of state to avoid sales tax, then when you pay at the border you only pay what you owe. 

Something retailing for 35 on sale at 30 is not going to get bought at 22.  Unless it is an auction with no reserve and no other bidders.

I have a Laredo Bunkhouse and we love it..have had it for 3 seasons now...only problem I have had is the tires..need new ones..any suggestions??  As for the bunks..I am 6'2" and 300 pounds and fit in them easily...they are actually quite comfortable. So don't hesitate to put anyone in them....My son will have himself and 2 or 3 friends on them to watch tv on crappy days....

Back
Top Bottom