Keystone owners - opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

Haven't looked at these trailers in person but they're at the top of the "when the time comes" list:
  • Keystone Everest 344J
  • Keystone Montana 3400RL
Opinions from owners or those familiar are appreciated

Keystone is the largest RV manufacturer in the states the keystone umbrella is very very large so there are good days and bad days good rv days

steveblonde said:
so there are good days and bad days good rv days

I'm looking for a good rv day. Can I filter for that on RV Trader?  ;)

I believe the Montana is the best selling FW on the market.  They must be doing something right.

I do not remember seeing that filter on Trader, though.  :-[

Met someone recently with a Montana, he was saying it was really heavy. It was an older model. He had a diesel pulling it. Not sure if 250 or 350 though...

I own a cougar high country made be keystone very well made. It a 2005 and shows very little wear. A good 5th wheel to own.  Chief

jackiemac said:
Met someone recently with a Montana, he was saying it was really heavy.

Yes they are. Definitely 1 ton required

Big RV and Truck Man has a video on his YouTube site that covers the "best RV" question.
https://youtu.be/-f2zORy_FLc

UnclKracker said:
Big RV and Truck Man has a video on his YouTube site that covers the "best RV" question.
https://youtu.be/-f2zORy_FLc

Haha! Loved it!

A lot of practical advice there. And the bottom line is: Ain't no such thing as a best brand.

I would have liked to have seen more information on the quality of the things that are not seen. Like springs, shackles, brakes, plastic versus greasable shackle bushings, load bearing capacity of self leveling units, capacity of tongue jacks, thickness and size of frame rails, tire size versus weight of unit, offshore versus North American suspension parts, and similar.

For the person buying an RV for 2 weeks use per year, probably none of that matters. For someone who is investing in something that will see a lot of miles, over a number of years, those things become more important.

Kinda late to the party, but here's my 2 cents.  I own a Montana 3402RL bought in new 2014.  I think the only difference is the 3402 has an extra sink in the bedroom. Pulling with a 2014 GMC 3500HD Diesel crew cab.  I've had very few problems.  Biggest is two blowouts on the factory Goodyear Marathon (load range E), ST rated tires.  I think the trailer is just too heavy for an 80# PSI E tire, but that's what they put on, even though the wheels are rated for 110# PSI.  I bought 4 110# Goodyear RST (load range G) LT rated tires and have had no problems in 10,000 miles. Only other problem was the Levelup control pad failed last year.  Fortunately, it was while it was home.  A new panel fixed it.  Very happy with the trailer.  Upgraded from a 25ft Class C.

I would not recommend them. I just bought  a n Aspen Trail 1800rb the a/c wont cool down the inside during the day , and they basically told me i am stuck with it.

David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom