Kipor Digital Generator KGE3500ti 'vs' Honda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

On The Road Again

I have a chance to buy a Kipor Digital Generator KGE3500ti for $950  New... It sounds very quite, but is it as good as a Honda?  From what research I have done, this is a great buy for me. I want it mainly to operate the Air Conditioner, but will probable run other small items as well, like CD player, etc. Anyone out there own a Kipor and if so, what do you think about it?? Thanks so much for your information. BB  ;D

Hi On the Road,

We haven't bought one-yet, but I've done some research and it seems like a lot of gen for the money. My biggest concerns are:

• I'm not sure if it has enough power for a 15,500 BTU A/C.
  • What is the dealer network like? i.e. can I get service when I need it?

Any other comments from folks?

Cheers,
John B.

RV Lifestyles started handling the Kipor line. Asked how reliable thet were, but he said it was too early to tell, but the only trouble they had so far was a leaking carb., and a bad circuit breaker. Started up a 3.5 or 4kW unit for me; very quiet - even more so than the Honda.

Kipor is making a big push to establish themselves in the US generator market, which probably explains the excellent price. The dealer network maybe sparse at this time, but its probably growing quickl. If the Kipor line succeeds, service will be no problem. If it doesn't catch on, then future service may be problematic as dealers disappear.  In the short term, Kipor itself will likley bend over backwards to make sure you are satisfied, since theywant good word of mouth advertising from happy customers.  I've heard no bad reports on Kipor so far, but it is still early days.

The 3500ti is rated at 2800 watts continuous and 3000 watts surge, which is plenty for a single a/c unit and leaves a little to spare for other uses as well.  It's a direct generation type, so it won't be as quiet as the Honda DC+ inverter gensets (he EU series) but perhaps about the same as the Honda direct units.

Well, I bought a used Kipor KGE 3500 ti, with only a few hours on it (practically new).  only paid $350 for it.  The guys son took it out once and kinda banged it up in the trailer.  Nothing functionally wrong, just some scrapes and scratches.  Man, it fires right up, is pretty quiet, and ran my AC and all the lights at the same time.  I really haven't tested it much beyond that, but I guarantee you, for what I paid for it, it's definitely worth it.  Just perfect for my camper.

Well, I bought my Kipor 3000ti for $1200 and thought I was getting a good deal. I ran it for 30 hours next to a Honda 3000eu and couldn't tell the difference. So far I'm happy. Make sure it's jetted right for whatever altitude you are at. I do suggest reading the Kipor thread posted above.

Is this the same Kipor who are being sued by Honda for (allegedly) stealing their patent ? (see HERE)

Honda have managed to put a halt to UK distribution of Kipor Generators (althoug you will still find a few on ebay etc).

I would be concerned in the long term for repairs, parts etc and for the resale value.

Of course, if it is that much cheaper than other makes, you could take the chance.

Paul

Yup, maybe, but for sure, for what I paid for this one, I can take it in the shorts if the company goes belly up or Honda does something radical.  It does appear to be a good generator at least initially.

UK-RV said:
I would be concerned in the long term for repairs, parts etc and for the resale value.

Of course, if it is that much cheaper than other makes, you could take the chance.

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom