Kitchen Counter Space

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the review I read from the Campers world site.  I hope it helps. 

Anonymous from Beavercreek, OH 
Review: I just finished installed this shelf. The hinge design is very short-sided and poorly done for such a simple application. As mentioned in earlier reviews, the shelf will not fold to 90-deg unless you modify it by replacing one of the stock pivots with a removable nail or similar type pin. My Jayco counter also required adding 3/8-in wood fillet to underside of counter to make a flush surface for mounting that piano hinge. When traveling, you may need to use a bungee cord to secure the shelf when it's folded to keep it from banging into the cabinet side. I may just leave mine up most of the time anyway. Trouble about this product is it might be your only aftermarket choice. I never found any other shelf extension to compare it too. Jayco doesn't sell anything either. It looks fine after I was done. Must be careful how much weight you place on it. Just be aware of that fact. It will serve my general purposes though.

Kathy,
Did you ever get that counter extender installed?  Just wondering how it worked out.  I still haven't had time to even think about talking to the person I want to see about doing mine.  If you can figure yours out to work well, I might just go for that.

JoAnn

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom