Know anything about this generator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never heard of it, but I'm not surprised to see Asiatic knock-offs of the hugely successful Honda & Yamaha "i" (inverter) gensets.  AT half the price of an eu30001 Honda, it's hard to pass up, even if it may not be quite up to Honda engineering standards.

I note the noise level is 58 dB at 21 meters (23 feet), which is definitely not real quiet.  I don't know what is typical for a 3 kw, but you might compare that with other brands of 3 kw gensets. The Honda eu3000i is also rated at 58dB, but I'm not sure what distance it is measured.

It apparently has no warranty, so it would be a gamble (but then I've been known to risk a few hundred at Don Laughlin's Riverside).

A big question mark:  how do they generate 600 watts more than the Yamaha, with the same noise level, but with a smaller engine?  40% higher efficiency?  No way.  At least one of their claims must be fudged.  I'm going to ask around some more.

Read the dealer feedback.  One other person that bought this generator said it was junk, parts falling off and wouldn't run.

2.7kW continuous and only 3kW max? Where's the headroom? $100 shipping and insurance sounds quite high, and the $30 handling charge if you pick it up - where did that come from? Ever buy something at a store and have to pay a handling charge? The 'no refund/no return for any reason' statement would keep me from buying anything, anywhere, anytime - maybe on something used with an understanding of its' condition, but on a new item?

My recommendation: Forget this one.  Unknown brand, seller with poor feedback, No returns, all equal to setup to get RIPPED OFF.  Once again forget this one and continue your search from a reputable seller.

Lowell said:
Read the dealer feedback.  One other person that bought this generator said it was junk, parts falling off and wouldn't run.

Thanks, I see that, greatly appreciate you pointing it out.

It seemed too good to be true, and it is.

Back
Top Bottom