KOFA 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin Means

Site Team
A lot of folks seem to have really enjoyed last year's KOFA rally, and I've received several PMs asking if we're doing it again. We and some other friends and family will be arriving there on 1/6/19, and who ever would like to join us is welcome. It's boondocking, and the nearest services are about 28 miles away in Quartzsite, so plan accordingly. We'll probably stay a week. It's a no-pressure, do what you want outing - nothing formal. Here's a link to a video I made a few years ago that will give you an idea of the area. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E1OOmiy5N8 If anyone has any questions, just ask.

Kev

Have been driving past there for 20 years, so time to stop and join the group. 

Id like to come this year too. Coulnd make it last year, but Ive got it on my list for this year.

As of now I am planning on being there.

Last year I was on my way to KOFA when the Stacker trailer pushed me right thru the red light at the bottom of the hill near Parker.

Could have been a real disaster.  Pulled over and did not move till the next day.  I then went to Quartzsite and skipped KOFA because I was not sure why the brakes failed.

I gave away the Stacker and the new owner said it was just the blue wire that connected the curbside brakes.

See you there.

Sounds like it's shaping up to be another great time. (As long as Bill can get his coach stopped ;) ) I was told via PM that I neglected to tell those who haven't been there, where we meet. It's a bit of a crap shoot, because we won't know until we get there, exactly which site will be open. Fortunately, there are several suitable sites, so like last year, I'll fly the Forum flag once we get there, so you'll be able to find us. We have a mostly reddish colored 43 foot Winnie Tour, and we'll be towing a black Jeep Rubicon.

If you're coming from the north (Quartzsite) go south on Hwy 95 for about 28 miles until you get to place called "Stone Cabin." (There are signs) At Stone Cabin, turn left (east) onto a dirt road called Kings Rd. The GPS coordinates for the Kings Rd turnoff are N 033.26631  W 114.23954. There's a Border Patrol checkpoint for northbound traffic at Stone Cabin. If you pass the checkpoint, you've gone too far.

If you're coming from the south (Yuma) go north on Hwy 95 for about 50 miles. After passing through the Border Patrol checkpoint at Stone Cabin, go about 1/8 of a mile and turn right (east) onto Kings Rd. IMPORTANT If you're driving a big rig, the right turn onto King's Rd is not doable without going wide and crossing into the oncoming traffic lane of Hwy 95. Kings Rd exits Hwy 95 at an angle, and it's a pretty sharp turn for northbounders. Fortunately, there's a dirt lot on the east side of Hwy 95 just before you get to Kings Rd, and you can pull off into that lot, drive N/E for about about 100 yards, and it'll dump you onto Kings Rd.

We usually camp about a mile down Kings Rd on the north side of the road, but start looking for our RV and the Forum flag after about half a mile. Where we'll actually be will just depend on what sites are available.

Kev

Judy and I so wish we could be there. That was the plan.
I have a small medical issue I need to get resolved so once again, next year. 
When we do get west in February we plan on checking out KOFA. Can't wait to see it and hopefully bump into a few of you good folks.
Happy Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for!
Jeff & Judy

We're really sorry to hear that Jeff, but you know that I understand those medical issues. Let me know when you nail down a February date, and Cyndi and I will do everything we can to come back out. We usually go there a few times each winter anyway. Our very best to you.

Kev

Hey Jeff, glad you are on the mend. After  January in KOFA and Quartzsite we will be at a resort in Yuma all of February.  Give us a shout if you?re in that area.
Tom

Sounds like a good time. We planned to be in the nearby area during that time anyway so will likely join you. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Question: Do we need permits for camping at KOFA? Like the permits we need at Qz? If so, where do we get them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom