KOFA 2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thought I already responded to this.  Plan to be at KOFA on the 16th.  Could be delayed a bit, but barring any unforeseen RV events we'll see you in a few days. 

Sounds great Gary. Looking forward to seeing you and Maria again. Tom said he and Theresa should get there on or about the 14th, and Scott and Cindy said they plan on getting there today. (the 12th) He said he was going to try and grab the same site we always use, but I'll give him a shout later today to see where they landed and let you know. Safe travels. See ya on the 16th.

Kev

garyb1st said:
Plan to be at KOFA on the 16th.

Yippee!  i was wondering if you and Marie were going to show up.  SO glad to know I'll be seeing you both again. 

I too will be showing up on Jan. 16 - coming in from Organ Pipe Cactus Natl Mon. So save me some space.

Linda

Heli_av8tor said:
Arrived yesterday. Not quite as far down Kings road as usual.

I assume you're on the north side of Kings Road.  Any chance you could provide some GPS lat/long coords. to help locate where you'all are set up?  Are Scott and Cindy there with you?

Jeff:  Looking forward to Feb.

Linda:  We are with Scott & Cindy. However, we may be moving tomorrow afternoon. This site not as nice as the usual one. Will keep all posted.

Heli_av8tor said:
However, we may be moving tomorrow afternoon. This site not as nice as the usual one. Will keep all posted.

Thanks.  My ETA is now Friday also.  Decided to do one day here in the organ pipe cacti.

Linda

Dreamsend said:
Thanks.  My ETA is now Friday also.  Decided to do one day here in the organ pipe cacti.

Linda
I spent  a week there last month and it wasn't long enough for me. I will do the max they allow the next time I am in OPCNM. But I wish they had electricity there. And no quiet hours.  I have to use my RV Generator to charge my electric motorcycle that I always take with me to explore all the unpaved roads in OPCNM. That combined with quiet hours sometimes makes it a hassle to charge up the bike.

BTW, they now have a restaurant in Lukeville. It opened just a few months ago.

Below is a photo of the wall they are building. I took that photo on my ride to  Quitobaquito Springs.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Attachments

• TrumpWall.JPG
    TrumpWall.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 57
DonTom said:
I spent  a week there last month and it wasn't long enough for me.. . .Below is a photo of the wall they are building.

Hi Don - I also have a love affair with OPCNM.  I've been here 3 days actually, (post should have read "one MORE day") and spent 5 days here last year.  Just the best place.  The quiet hours can be problematic I guess, but I haven't had any hassles yet.  Had to run gen lots more this year as it's been mostly cloudy all three days.

Some camping acquaintances parked next to me said you can see the wall from the Desert View Trail also.  It's slotted concrete right?  I think I'm kinda impressed with the way it lets the landscape on the other side show through.  Maybe it's just your pic, but it's not as unattractive as I imagined.

Thank you for the info on the restaurant.  Yeh, no convenient places to grab a bite, but I planned for that too. Headed out for a little walk now.  I'm looking for Crested Saguaros!

Linda - who kinda hijacked the thread

Dreamsend said:
Hi Don - I also have a love affair with OPCNM.  I've been here 3 days actually, (post should have read "one MORE day") and spent 5 days here last year.  Just the best place.  The quiet hours can be problematic I guess, but I haven't had any hassles yet.  Had to run gen lots more this year as it's been mostly cloudy all three days.

Some camping acquaintances parked next to me said you can see the wall from the Desert View Trail also.  It's slotted concrete right?  I think I'm kinda impressed with the way it lets the landscape on the other side show through.  Maybe it's just your pic, but it's not as unattractive as I imagined.

Thank you for the info on the restaurant.  Yeh, no convenient places to grab a bite, but I planned for that too. Headed out for a little walk now.  I'm looking for Crested Saguaros!

Linda - who kinda hijacked the thread
It's concrete on the bottom only. Even the old small boarder fence (now being replaced with the wall) has a heavy metal horizontal bar , see photo below. That is so nobody can drive a vehicle through it.

And a photo of Q. Springs as a bonus. Have you been there? 20 miles west  of LukeVille on an unpaved road, about one mile north.

It was above 70?F.  almost every day I was there in mid December.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Attachments

• smallfence.JPG
    smallfence.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Qsprings.JPG
    Qsprings.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 44
KOFA Location

View from road of Kevin?s and my coaches

Attachments

• 6F522900-BD0E-451E-9A2B-F73F04E5925D.png
    6F522900-BD0E-451E-9A2B-F73F04E5925D.png
    322.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 4578D517-1AA2-4828-98E9-3A9CE51D6E0D.jpeg
    4578D517-1AA2-4828-98E9-3A9CE51D6E0D.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 72
Just a hello from KOFA January 2020.  Shown is our small group just right of center.  Pic taken from top of Cholla Hill where Theresa, Maria and Linda did a short hike yesterday.  Second pic is "our mountain" taken from opposing direction.  Cholla Hill would be to the left behind Kevin's rig.  Pictures just don't do this place justice -- it is truly beautiful.  A little rain Wednesday has kept the dust down and there is very little traffic on King's Road this year. 

Another gathering is planed for Feb. 22-27 so if you want a quiet break with incredible scenery, free camping, and great people, come and join in.

Linda

Attachments

• 20200122_131919crop.jpg
    20200122_131919crop.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200122_113913crop.jpg
    20200122_113913crop.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 48
Where's the selfie of the three of you on the hill?

It's just been too beautiful to leave for the Q. May make a Happy Hour or the Potluck.

Linda, missed you at the fire last night.

Heli_av8tor said:
Where's the selfie of the three of you on the hill? . . . Linda, missed you at the fire last night.

Maria has the selfie, so we'll need to get her to text it to us. 

I missed you guys also.  Went in about 4:00 p.m. to do a little reading and then Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Zs.  Hope to catch you here in Q for a happy hour or the potluck to say a proper goodbye.

Linda

Here are the pictures from the top of the hill hike.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 45
  • thumbnail-1.jpg
    thumbnail-1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 43
  • thumbnail-2.jpg
    thumbnail-2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 48
Just wonderful Gary.  Thanks so much for making these available. And thank you Maria for the wonderful graphics on the pic.  How cool!!!  It's a great memory of my travels.  Love it. ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom