KOFA 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The LTVAs are exempt,, and the reason is obvious,, about 99% of us would be paying nearly NOTHING,, (,Oh what a thought )( Presently $2.86 per day ) and the service would probably be worse than it is..>>>Dan

I was feeling a bit under the weather so we just left a day early for a full service park. We arrived in Sunset campground in Death Valley this morning. For everyone who says how crowded it is, come here! I have never seen it so empty. Lots of wind though. Luckily it is amazingly quiet among the campers.

UTTransplant said:
I was feeling a bit under the weather so we just left a day early for a full service park. We arrived in Sunset campground in Death Valley this morning. For everyone who says how crowded it is, come here! I have never seen it so empty. Lots of wind though. Luckily it is amazingly quiet among the campers.
I was there over the  Turkey Day weekend and the placed was packed. But after the weekend it was almost empty again.

I was also very windy the afternoon I arrived there. But that was the only windy day for the week I stayed there.

-Don- Auburn, CA

UTTransplant said:
We arrived in Sunset campground in Death Valley this morning. For everyone who says how crowded it is, come here! I have never seen it so empty. Lots of wind though. Luckily it is amazingly quiet among the campers.

Death Valley just re-opened their campgrounds and hotels a day or two ago - they have been closed since the governor issued a stay at home order for California in early December.

Say hi to Mike and Wendy Lawrence - they're camphosting at Sunset Campground.

Lou Schneider said:
Death Valley just re-opened their campgrounds and hotels a day or two ago - they have been closed since the governor issued a stay at home order for California in early December.
My timing was perfect. They closed it down a few days after I left.

IMO, closing down such places was really stupid. All  it did was to  cram people together at the RV parks.  Salton Sea Park was also closed, where people used to spread out well and that caused  all the RV parks close to there  to fill up.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Sunset opened on 29 January, and Stovepipe opens today or tomorrow. We love DV, and we stay at least a week here each year, usually more. Right now I am sitting in the recliner under the awning because it is too warm in the direct sun. Awfully nice spot to spend some time in during the winter. I have already had a nice chat with Wendy.

UTTransplant said:
Sunset opened on 29 January, and Stovepipe opens today or tomorrow. We love DV, and we stay at least a week here each year, usually more. Right now I am sitting in the recliner under the awning because it is too warm in the direct sun. Awfully nice spot to spend some time in during the winter. I have already had a nice chat with Wendy.

That's it Pam, rub it in for us poor souls enduring rain, snow, cold and lockdown?!

It was kind of weird hosting an empty campground for 2 months. Nice to have campers back even if it means we now have to work for our campsite. Current temperature is 75, headed to a high of 80 with only light breezes predicted for the next 3 days. I can still see a bit of snow on Telescope Peak from my chair on our patio. Too bad there won?t be much in the way of wildflowers this spring but that?s how things go in the desert.

Wendy at Sunset

Back
Top Bottom