KOFA 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob&Deryl

I haven’t a clue but since there is a thread on Quartzite, I was thinking there should be one on KOFA.

We plan to be there after Q for 4 or 5 days.

Who else?

Eric and I plan on going to KOFA after the QZ Rally. We plan to be at QZ from Jan. 1/21 to 1/31. We might have to stock up on supplies and do laundry, etc. before we move on to QZ

We plan on staying 4-5 nights at KOFA, but we won’t head there until we’ll after the Q show. The show week is so busy and crowded, I really love staying after the craziness is over - nice and quiet. And KOFA is actually a pretty big place. Kevin Means generally stays along King Road, but there are other spots on other roads too.

I thought Kevin said he would be there the week before the RV show. They are awfully busy moving their home and business. The spot he is in most of the time is about a mile down on the left (north) side of the road.

One thing to keep in mind for KOFA. In a you tube video I watched yesterday a young couple was given a warning ticket for camping farther than 100 feet from a road. I havent verified it, but they said vehicles must be within 100 feet of the road, but if you camp in a tent, you can go as far from the road as you wish.

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind for KOFA. In a you tube video I watched yesterday a young couple was given a warning ticket for camping farther than 100 feet from a road. I havent verified it, but they said vehicles must be within 100 feet of the road, but if you camp in a tent, you can go as far from the road as you wish.
That only applies if one is within the NWR boundary. Roughly the first 1.25 mi of King Road is BLM land not in the NWR. That is one reason I much prefer King Rd over Palm Canyon.

Eric and I are in Yuma right now. We want to check out KOFA on our way to Lake Havasu. Will anyone still be there February 7 or possibly the 8th?

We will be leaving Monday morning for Organ pipe NM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom