KOFA/Quartzsite 2022 Get Together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sure won’t have solar before Q or Kofa. is it ok to use an inverter generator to top off the battery some times? if so, what is the acceptable practice?

We use an inverter generator at the Q rally. I think the rules are the same as any other site, not before 8am and not after 10pm. I'm sure if I am wrong, someone with more experience of the rally will correct me.
General politeness always seems to win the day.

Lots of folks use generators. Very liberal gennie hours. Let’s face it, solar and/or lithium batteries don't make sense unless you dry camp a lot. A number of the attendees spend more time hooked up and only dry camp this week or two which means generators. Now if you show up with a 8000 w open frame contractor job … :)

Lots of folks use generators. Very liberal gennie hours. Let’s face it, solar and/or lithium batteries don't make sense unless you dry camp a lot. A number of the attendees spend more time hooked up and only dry camp this week or two which means generators. Now if you show up with a 8000 w open frame contractor job … :)
Thanks.

I had hoped you would join the chat. I followed the directions in the updated links from last year and found area 540 but not 541. It looked to me that the area was off of 225?

When you leave the check-in station and get established on the correct road northbound ( the center one of three at a fork.),, you will approach a 15 MPH sign on the right side of the road.. That is where you make a slight turn to the left off the main road onto a secondary road and straight to the camp area.. If you try to continue, the road dead ends very quickly,, so you can't do it wrong......( OK maybe someone from this group could.).>>>Dan

I had hoped you would join the chat. I followed the directions in the updated links from last year and found area 540 but not 541. It looked to me that the area was off of 225?
Here is a map to the gathering area. The BLM signs on the ground are unreadable anyway. The dirt roads are very noticeable and easy to follow once you're there and you see them. If I could find the group 3 years ago, anyone can.

Attachments

• forum rally map.jpg
    forum rally map.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 25
Here is a map to the gathering area. The BLM signs on the ground are unreadable anyway. The dirt roads are very noticeable and easy to follow once you're there and you see them. If I could find the group 3 years ago, anyone can.
Don't know about that Linda, we still had to phone the rally organiser to find you all😁
Mind you, we were new to it all.

The distance from the fee station is only about 1/4 mile,, just remember to bear left at the speed limit sign and you will do well..>>>Dan

I'll probably be coming to visit from the back side. This year, I'm staying in the LaPaz Valley area. I can take the Old Yuma Road all the way to the long term area without hitting the highway.

On the map the fee station is marked as LaPosa North-Tyson Wash. I see on google maps is shows as LaPosa North Tyson Wash, but the sign at the fee station just says LaPosa Tyson Wash.

Last edited:
La Posa Tyson Wash is the correct name of the entry station (and LTVA). Street signs on Hwy 95 show La Posa West is the LTVA to the north, between us and the Big Tent. La Posa North and South are across Hwy 95 (east of the hwy) with La Posa South having the dump stations and water faucets.

Someone incorrectly tagged Google Earth showing La Posa North Tyson Wash.

I wonder if it would be possible for a moderator to change the title to mention Quartzsite and KOFA …
Totally disagree. While KOFA and Quartzsite are both held in Quartzsite and both have attendees who are member of the Forum, they are not connected and IMHO should not be combined. As far as I'm concerned, this is Kevins party and the only similarity to the Quartzsite gathering is location. Both are in Quartzsite. The Forum gathering is highly structured. Kevins is not. If you like a big party with structure, games, Jeep rides, pot luck dinners, wear a mandatory name tag, and possibly win a prize, go to the forum. If you just want to enjoy an informal gathering with a few friends then Kevins is the place to go. It's smaller, it's intimate and attendees aren't tripping over each other trying to get some potato chips during the happy hour/pot luck. Oh, there isn't a happy hour at Kevins get together. It's more like a happy couple of days.

Totally disagree. While KOFA and Quartzsite are both held in Quartzsite
Wow! Gary you sure read Pam's request different from how it seemed to me. I thought she was asking to have Q put in the title of this particular thread simply because it already contains a lot of references/info for Q, as well as for KOFA, not because the two gettogethers should be combined, thus allowing the thread title to more accurately reflect the thread content. Ease up...

Totally disagree. While KOFA and Quartzsite are both held in Quartzsite and both have attendees who are member of the Forum, they are not connected and IMHO should not be combined. As far as I'm concerned, this is Kevins party and the only similarity to the Quartzsite gathering is location. Both are in Quartzsite. The Forum gathering is highly structured. Kevins is not. If you like a big party with structure, games, Jeep rides, pot luck dinners, wear a mandatory name tag, and possibly win a prize, go to the forum. If you just want to enjoy an informal gathering with a few friends then Kevins is the place to go. It's smaller, it's intimate and attendees aren't tripping over each other trying to get some potato chips during the happy hour/pot luck. Oh, there isn't a happy hour at Kevins get together. It's more like a happy couple of days.
wear a mandatory name tag,
I must say that there is a lot of good info in this thread. But I must say that when camping in the middle of the desert, primitive style , the above part blows my mind. What happened to being either on vacation or retired and doing what you please when you darn well feel like it, taking a bath when the heck you want to, or feel the need to break wind in the wide open spaces does mandatory name tag come into play. As the old expression goes, reportedly from Groncho Marx, but originated a bit earlier,

"I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member".:):)
I understand the thought behind it. But mandatory sounds a bit like living in a home owners association community. Sounds like Kevin's style is a bit more fitting .

Last edited:
I think your reading more into this than was intended,, the name tag thing came about for the campfire sessions only to make it more comfortable among attendees that were first timers and even "out of country" attendees.. No one in my 22 years of attending have voiced any objection for this simple thing that makes sense under the circumstances.. Also we would have each attendee on the first gathering , introduce themselves to make everyone comfortable,, it works!..>>>Dan

(Another thing this system does is puts a face on folks that you may have conversed with on the forum,, sometimes it's a great surprise!!. At times we have had 40 to 50 folks at the campfire ( that's only 25 couples) Why introduce your self 50 times when one will do??.

Last edited:
I think your reading more into this than was intended,, the name tag thing came about for the campfire sessions only to make it more comfortable among attendees that were first timers and even "out of country" attendees.. No one in my 22 years of attending have voiced any objection for this simple thing that makes sense under the circumstances.. Also we would have each attendee on the first gathering , introduce themselves to make everyone comfortable,, it works!..>>>Dan
Oh I understand the concept. But highly structured and mandatory ? I guess my retirement years lacks neither, as with a lot of people I meet on the road. I don't know the guidelines , but hanging out with a leash and a tag around my neck, as I have seen in tons of group camping and even rv shows or while four wheeling or prepping for a evening fire does not fit my style. I think there are a lot of sandals and ragged shorts guys like I am that's in the same corner. I don't know if we will get out that way this winter. But I have read and seen the previous reports of the get togethers and they do look like fun.

Back
Top Bottom