KOFA/Quartzsite 2022 Get Together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you need a permanent address for delivery you can send it here.

Lake Havasu City is about 25 miles north of Parker.

Online equipment will be less expensive than buying at Q.

I have a solar system waiting in my Amazon checkout bin till I pull the trigger.

I could even transport the panels by laying them on the rear bed or overhead bed for the short trip to Q.
Thanks Bill. Appreciate the offer. Thanks all! Now just to decide what we are going to do!
Vicki

Thanks Bill. Appreciate the offer. Thanks all! Now just to decide what we are going to do!
Vicki
You could always wait until the RV show at Q, and see what offers are around before shopping online? then there would still be time to buy elsewhere if that is what you decide.

I actually think the Kofa and Quartzsite rally posts should be initiated by their traditional hosts

Kev's whole point of view on KOFA has been that he is not "in charge".
Pam, your inference that KOFA is a hosted event has been and continues to be my concern. It is not and Sarge sums up the situation pretty well. No one is in charge of the KOFA event. I was hesitant to even put my post in since the last thing I want to do is complicate Kevin's already busy life.

Regarding the RV Forum Quartzsite get together, Jeff C is the one who has traditionally posted dates, attendees names and directions. Jeff is no longer an active poster and whether or not he will continue to provide info on the Forum event remains to be seen.

Last edited:
You could always wait until the RV show at Q, and see what offers are around before shopping online? then there would still be time to buy elsewhere if that is what you decide.
The problem with shopping in Quartzsite is their 10.1% sales tax (5.6% AZ state and 4.5% local), town vendor fees for a short selling season and RV Show fees quickly wipe out any discount.

I see what you are saying Lou, but last year when I purchased our 200 watt panel and controller I considered it a good bargain. However, I must admit I didn't look online for comparable items.
Good point.

As Jeff isn't around at the moment I've taken the liberty of posting 2 threads, one with Rally info and one where you can add your interest and ask questions. Links in each back to the other.

I was thinking of bringing a couple of ‘77 ports and maybe an old Sauterne or 2. I have to know by this coming Thursday.
Quality vintage port and Quartzsite, now there's a configuration you don't see in the same sentence every day 😁

Quality vintage port and Quartzsite, now there's a configuration you don't see in the same sentence every day 😁

Kinda like when someone( I think it was heliav8tor)and I walked into the Desert Bar hoping to find a "nice IPA" . Neither one of us thought Coors Light qualified.

Kinda like when someone( I think it was heliav8tor)and I walked into the Desert Bar hoping to find a "nice IPA" . Neither one of us thought Coors Light qualified.
I have to admit, when Pam and Kevin introduced us to the desert bar, I was expecting a decent beer even if it was bottled. As a result, we go for the atmosphere and I'm quite happy to drive back. Then we can enjoy a decent beer during happy hour around the camp fire.
All being well, we'll be there again in January and cannot wait 👍

I forgot that in 2020 before Covid reared its ugly head, Kevin and Pam also introduced us to the Yacht club in Q.
That was another experience, as the club had forgotten to renew there alcohol licence, Cokes all round 😁

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom