Kudos to Grand Design, Rally related

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayflight

I was watching a travel video from a you tuber and they were at the Grand Design rally. I learned something that I found really cool. He said that when you sign up for the rally you can list three things that you may need or would like to be fixed on your rig, warranty or not while you are at the rally. That really perked my ears up. Thats really cool in todays times. There is a full crew of golf carts that worked during the rally. The guy's wife said something on the order that someone had gotten their frig replaced as one of their requests, for whatever reason. Its around the 10 minute plus range in the video.

Can anyone verify this?

While I can't speak to what happens at GD rallies, Alliance has offered the same service at both rallies we attended. They even fixed a roof issue with our neighbor's GD, no charge.

Tiffin has done this at both their own club rallies and at FMCA rallies in the past. Sadly, they stopped after the last Tiffin rally because they couldn’t get parts to take with them! I know people at the rally were disappointed that minor things like door latches weren't available. They didn’t even show up at the FMCA rally this summer for the same reason. Hopefully the parts situation will be resolved in the next 12 months.

In the "old days" Monaco did this at all Monaco International Rallies. Newmar still does this at the Newmar Kountry Klub annual rally. Many vendors also showed up at this years rally.
It is a nice perk.

They used to fix things at the Winnebago rally.

Don't know if they do that anymore.

2022 Winnebago Grand National Rally​

Please join us in July of 2022 for the 2022 Grand National Rally. Dates and more information to follow.

Forest River also does this but they do restrict by how old a unit is and original owners

Read an article from a google search about the 2021 Grand Design rally,it comment that they would have a full service staff available on a first come first served and they intended to deal with some of the Covid-19 issues for getting repairs done. Due to COVID restrictions and safety for their employees Factory tours would be by video only and offered a better experience than in person

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom