Kudos to Winegard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Kudos to Wineard for good tech support.
Yesterday my Directv receiver lost "tuner 2". I though it might be the receiver or the Winegard Sk-3005.
I setup my portable dish and was good for both tuners, so the receiver was good. I checked all the wiring connections and all were good. I email Winegard tech support. First based on symptoms they determined it wasn't the LNB, but a wiring issue. I suggested running temporary coax from the roof to the receiver, but Winegard came back and said ti first move the coax from post A&B to C&D. Problem solved for now, but it does show I have an internal wiring issue with the Trav'ler. I'll resolve that in the fall.

Thank you Winegard tech support.

ken

Ken,

Were those short little pieces of cabling (less than 4 inches) up on the roof at the satellite? Mine actually snapped one ( say what?) and had to be replaced when I had that same issue. I think its part of the original installation kit (?)

The RV techs stole one from one of the other two terminals to resolve the issue.

Kim

Kim,

I think they are longer. They run from the rotating base to the LNB. Fortunately you only need two working for my setup so I'm good for the summer. If its a bad mini coax, I'll replace it. If it is internal, then I follow the tech's suggestion to just leave it as it would cost hundreds to fix )and has to be sent to the factory) and something else might break before it becomes an issue.

ken

Ken

Hope it is an way fix when you get home. Not having all our outputs could limit you from having  a switch for SWM later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom