Kustom Koach Legacy 5'ers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trap

Wife and I saw a Legacy LW328 At the Calgary RV Show. (Similar shape and design as the Titaniums) was wondering if any of you have any knowledge or information about these units. They appear to be very well made and are real nice, although a little pricey.

Thamks Trap

I think we saw the Legacy too, but there were so many trailers, et al at that show we were a little overwhelmed even though we spend 7 hours there! :eek:

FYI, we have a Titanium (25E31DS) and love it! They are an awesome trailer and built for colder weather.

Cheers,
John B.

On the website it almost looks like the Legacys are exact duplicates of the Titaniums, even down to the floorplans.

Apparently Their is some involvement between Kustom Koach, Travelaire, and Glendale, They have the patent on this design of 5'ers. They do claim that with this design you should see increase of up to 15% Towing milage. They are also built for the cooler climate we have up here in Alberta. The wife and I are wanting something to extend the camping season and to be able to be comfortable at the same time.

Trap

Trap said:
Apparently Their is some involvement between Kustom Koach, Travelaire, and Glendale, They have the patent on this design of 5'ers. They do claim that with this design you should see increase of up to 15% Towing milage. They are also built for the cooler climate we have up here in Alberta. The wife and I are wanting something to extend the camping season and to be able to be comfortable at the same time.

Trap

Well, I haven't met a Titanium owner yet that doesn't like it, if that helps. BTW, there is a Titanium owners forum http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/glendale_titanium/ where you can get firsthand info. I would have bought one myself but wifey liked the Alpenlite better.  ;)

Okay, I think I've got it sorted out. All three have Canadian origins. Kustom Koach started in BC, Travelaire in Alberta and Glendale in Ontario. In 1985, Travelaire bought Kustom Koach and in 1988 Glendale bought Travelaire. That's why the patented design is shared.

Cheers,
John B.

hey im in alberta and own a 2006 legacy 25foot it cost 60000 new  most of the info here is correct kustom koach was built in b.c then in red deer alt. when bought by travelaire then bought by glendale mine was built in red deer still had the tubular frame by standen springs calgary still top quality but went out of business and sold to glendale then started going downhill quickly i guess then glendale went underso if u want an original top notch quality u have to buy b4 glendale bought them and started making cheapers quality units take it from there there are still a few legacy'y around in canada for sale expensive yes but worth every cent top notch all the way quality from the roof down

Yes, Glendale went down in 2010. But, Heartland RV bought all the intellectual rights for the Titanium from Glendale. They will be making the Titanium in the Bighorn line, and they're toyhauler line. Its not a stand alone brand but infused in they're existing brands. So they are again available.

hi bruce in florida the kustomkoach legacy was first built in british columbia then sold to tarvilleaire in red deer finally to glendall where it ended 4 now because of cheaper quality not to say that they were not any good just saying they were the bottom of the line then for the cabovers hopefully heartland will bring them up again to the original quality the original kustomkoacy was only sold to travelaire be cause the original owner sold due to health and wanted his legacy.i have never heard even one complaint about the kustomkoach but glendale is a completelly different story went down very quickly check it out  not tring to hurt ur feelings  but.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom