KVH Application Paper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

Does ay one know of a link that covers the application options for Dish and Direct covering satellites, HDTV, etc. I have looked through the KVH web site and various forums but the info that goes on in discussions is often incorrect or only partially correct. I have talked to KVH techs who agree with my latter observations but have no solution to but to keep talking to them.
They have been very helpful but it is a cumbersome process.

blueblood

John In Detroit said:
What exactly are you looking for??

Well, the bottom line is I'm trying not to make a mistake in applying IRD's to the SF KVH unit. The SF is OEM installed and I've been told by KVH tecks it is equal to S3 but I don't think that's totally accurate. beyond that I'm trying to understand the Dish vs Direct options both now and when HD is mandatory i.e. don't want to apply wrong thing now and have to buy something else later. The tech says one can't use Direct TV 110 degree HD satellite nut can use Dish 110 and 119 (manual). Then there's the advertised dual LNB which is really just 2 outputs for TV's not 2 signals per se. I was hoping someone might have taken time to develop a decision tree or similar methodology that one could work through all the land mines.

Top Bottom