L/p CO monitor 4-6 beeps then off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reesed75

I have a 7 month old 2020 jayco Jay flight. Over the past few days our l/p CO monitor will randomly beep 4-6 times. Usually every 30 minutes to several hours. It does not seem to line up with the use of any propane appliances. The light does turn from green to solid red, but only during the beeping. To my knowledge if there was a gas leak it would be a continuous beeping and if CO was detected it would be 4 chirps followed by 4 second pause. Other threads have pointed towards a voltage issue. It seems like there is either a small detection of a propane leak or there is an issue with it being dirty/electrical problem. If anyone has any advice or suggestions it would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi and welcome backroads the forum!
The picture is a CO detector. You should have a separate propane detector mounted near the floor. Our last coach had a very sensitive CO monitor and would alarm about half the time whenever had our generator running. It seemed dependent on wind speed and direction but we never smelled fumes. We solved that issue with getting and using a Genturi. If you think your issue relates to generator use, Google that to find one or plans on making your own

Pets can make them finicky as well. You might also simply have a partially defective unit, or your battery could be low?

When they replaced my generator, the guy swiveled the exhaust pipe so that it didn't stick out from the side of the coach. Every time we ran it after that the CO alarm tripped. Same thing, windows closed, no wind, no smell. One day I was walking around the side of the RV and noticed the exhaust was not sticking out. I moved the pipe back to the original position, sticking straight out from the side, about 4". Alarm hasn't gone off since.

Often the CO2 detector will alarm if your batteries are low, it happened to ours, and was the first sign, when the extendable steps shorted.

Ed

If you look closely at the picture it also says propane alarm. They can be pretty finicky. Is your propane or generator on, when the beeping happens. Look in your rigs documentation for an owners manual for that device. It should have a troubleshooting guide. If not, search the brand name and model number on google. You can probably get a user guide there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom