Lake Louise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
Here's a few photos of our trip to Lake Louise today.

Attachments

• Castle Cliffs.jpg
    Castle Cliffs.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Castle Cliffs and Us.jpg
    Castle Cliffs and Us.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Lake Louise.jpg
    Lake Louise.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Moraine Lake.jpg
    Moraine Lake.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 64
Gorgeous....and I see you found a patch of blue sky. Keep the pictures coming.

We had a nice day until the past hour.  It's clouded over again and we've had some light rain again.  The forecast for the rest of the week is warmer and at least partly sunny.  It's about time, I'm starting to grow moss :)

Just ?a continuous Thanks for the Pics and please don't stop.

Don't worry, Shayne.  Between us, the Brewers and Russ there will be plenty of photos this summer.

Many like myself are taking our Alaskan tour via the eyes of you all and your cameras.  Believe me,  the enjoyment of the pics is being graciously etched in the eyeballs of many of us, that unfortunitely can't be with you.  Sincerely hope the entire trip comes off without a hitch.  Thanks  Again./

iShayne,

Thanks for the thanks on the photos.  I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to experience this trip.  If my sharing it, adds to the enjoyment for others it is a bonus! 
Betty

My goodness Ned, it is nice to see such blue water.? Back east we are looking at brown bodies of water.? May I ask what camera you are using?  Panasonic DMC-FZ30 same as the Brewers?

Kodak P850, 5MP, 12X optical zoom, image stablized.

This morning we moved the motor home up to Lake Louise, then took a drive through YoHo NP and into Glacier NP.  We went as far as Rogers Summit, the center of the park.  Here are some photos we took along the way.  The Spiral Tunnels are two loops through the mountain for the railroad, the first photo shows the two end of one of the loops.

Natural Bridge is small compared to those in Utah's Natural Bridges NP, but the water runs fast and is quite impressive.  The first photo is the rapids above the bridge and the second is the actual bridge.

The next two photos are some mountains in Glacier NP, note the huge snow pack still on the mountain.  I don't know if it ever all melts.

The snow shed is one of 5 that we drove through in Glacier NP.  They are in avalanche areas and keep the road open when the snow comes rushing down.  There are a lot of those on the railroad as well.

The last photo is one of the impressive mountains in YoHo NP, part of the Canadian Rockies.

Attachments

• YoHo NP  - The Spiral Tunnels.jpg
    YoHo NP - The Spiral Tunnels.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 42
  • YoHo NP Natural Bridge.jpg
    YoHo NP Natural Bridge.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 40
  • YoHo NP Natural Bridge 2.jpg
    YoHo NP Natural Bridge 2.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Glacier NP 025.jpg
    Glacier NP 025.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Glacier NP 028.jpg
    Glacier NP 028.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Glacier NP  - A snowshed over the TransCanada Hwy.jpg
    Glacier NP - A snowshed over the TransCanada Hwy.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 41
  • YoHo NP 038.jpg
    YoHo NP 038.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 43
Is this a Canadian Glacier National Park as opposed to the U.S. Glacier National Park??

Yes, this is the Canadian Glacier NP.  Similar to the US park, but different mountains :)

Wendy

Yes it is in B.C. west of Lake Louise about a 100 miles (not km). ?This was definitely a WOW ride in both parks. ?I gave up the gondola ride in Banff so we could do this drive. ?Will do the tramway ride in Jasper.

Lorna said:
Wendy

Yes it is in B.C. west of Lake Louise about a 100 miles (not km).  This was definitely a WOW ride in both parks.  I gave up the gondola ride in Banff so we could do this drive.  Will do the tramway ride in Jasper.

Jasper tram is very interesting. Its was especially interesting for us. We were the very last in the evening to go down and there was a long delay. Then one of the operators explained, as no one was coming up they had to fill a special car at bottom with 300 pounds of water to provide offsetting ballast. It took a while for a guy with a graden type hose to fill that tank!

Bob

Bob

I will try to remember not to take the last car LOL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom