Lake of the Ozarks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozark

Very close to making a decision on whether to develop a RV park on the lake or not. Would like any in put you might offer. Deeded lots, rental or both? Thinking 50' drive thru pads on maybe 50X100' lots. Club house, pool, tennis? Size restrictions? Boat docks. Open year round. Paved roads. The lake is the largest man made in US and has over 1200 miles of shore line. Very mild winters, boating year round. Does this sound like something Rv people would be interested in?

http://www.funlake.com/

Having lived within 5 hrs of the Lake of the Ozarks, we frequented it often.  Much to do in the area with Branson and Silver Dollar City in the Vacinity, along with Springfield.  Outside of Cloud Nine which is or at least was a Coast to Coast CG, few if any are equjiped to handle todays size rigs.  Personally that size lots would be wonderful.  Question is would it be feasible at the cost of installations in the rocky soil and hills you have to contend within the area.  Yes there are grounds that aren't as hilly but may be cost prohibited.  In younger years I thought the same as you when I was designing subdivisions and houses, but never got around to going much further.  They have much rain in the area that keeps the beautiful trees and foilage so pretty.  Not sure your return on the $ would be profitable unless that is a factor that isn't a necessity for a few years.  Lots to think about for a huge undertaking.    Good Luck

If you are making big rig pull throughs, 50 feet is barely sufficient and in fact too small for the largest rigs.  A 36 foot fifth wheel on a 21 foot truck takes up about 50 feet and a 40 foot motorhome towing a car is even longer, typically about 58 feet.  The park I'm working in right now has 60 foot pull throughs and its a tight squeeze for many rigs, since you need to allow some space to park a bit  ahead or behind  the hook-ups, depending on where the rig's sildes and water/power connections are located.

RV Roamer said:
you need to allow some space to park a bit? ahead or behind? the hook-ups, depending on where the rig's sildes and water/power connections are located.

You mention the hookups - that is a sore spots for me. It seems that the long sites have the hookups in the middle or nearer to the front, so to hook up, I have to park close to the middle so I can hook up my power cord, then its nip-and-tuck as to whether or not the slides will clear the power box height. As a side consequence, now I don't have enough room to get my 22' truck completely off the road (front or back). Personally, I would like to see the hookups about 2/3 back from the front with the power box no taller than 24" then it would solve the problem of having to worry whether or not your slideout will clear. I don't know if there is a restriction on how high the power box must be, but essentially, I get the impression that most sites were designed for Class A's where the bottom of the slide is a good 36"+ from the ground as would easily clear the hookups in any site I've been.? We stayed a week at Crater of Diamonds State Park (Murfreesboro AR) a couple months back, and to me, that was the ideal hookup placement (power - back of the lot about 6' off to the side of site and the connector was about 20" off the ground. The water connection was about 1/3 from the front and also about 6' off to the side of the site. The only thing I had to consider for the slideouts to clear was the trees.

If you build it, they will come ..... at least I will as I thoroughly enjoy camping in that area of AR / MO.

Larry

I live at the lake during the summer. My friends visiting in MH usually stay at a nice park on the river at Hiway 54. There are plenty of sites at the state park on Hiway 42. If you are thinking of developing a park off the lake, IMHO you would encounter stiff competition. The fee at the riverside CG is about $25. I forget the fee at the park, but I think its about $14. I can think of 5-6 CGs in my general area.

An upscale park on the lake would be nice. the only CG I can think of on the lake is a primitave.

Good luck

Thanks, this is the type of info I need. I welcome more comments. There is a huge complex called Frankie and Louie's here at the lake. They have a very long waiting list of people to get in. I would say tho that they allow tents and anything else and no restrictions. Parts of it look like dogpatch. We are thinking of something more up scale. Thinking of the snowbirds who might want to spend 7 or 8 months here. Hoping the lake front and docks would be the draw. We would provide boat storage in the off season.

Gary,? I think you missed the statement of being? 40' wide? 50' pad and 100' lot? Plenty big enougheven for my 65' and opening the rear to unload the car.? 40 by 100 with 50' pad is what I should have stated.  At least that's the way I interpeted the statement.

Larry was requesting 24" high utility post in order to clear the slide outs. Just though I would note that my Vectra has slides on both sides and both are about 8" above the ground when extended and the air dumped. The storage bays extend with the slide, making it even more difficult to position the RV on the parking pad.

caltex said:
Just though I would note that my Vectra has slides on both sides and both are about 8" above the ground when extended and the air dumped. The storage bays extend with the slide, making it even more difficult to position the RV on the parking pad.

Our Winnebago also has storage bays that extend with the slide. A littel more difficult to position but you don't have to crawl under the slide to get into the storage.

Gary,  I think you missed the statement of being  40' wide  50' pad and 100' lo

Nope, I didn't miss that. He said "50 foot drive thru pads" and I took the man at his word. The lot may be much larger than the pad, but that doesn't necessarily mean there is space to park on the rest of the lot. Could be trees, shrubs, tables, lightposts, decorative walls, etc. Or just a big "No parking on the grass" sign.  :-\

Shayne said:
Sorry Gary, you're right, I read it differently.

I didn't word it right. For drive thru would have to be 100' pad. What do you guys think of RV Port Homes?

Back
Top Bottom