Landing a Plane on an RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not quite as difficult as it may appear. Almost all pilots have encountered high winds straight down the runway when you could literally pick out a specific patch of it to set her down without moving an inch forward or back. 150's were great for that - light weight, slow stall speed.

But no, I wouldn't try it!

I have been to the RV Bloopers site (in fact I bookmarked it in in my daily grind list) and many of those shots are very much staged

Still funny though

The Cole Brothers Air Show used to land a Cub on a platform mounted on the roof of a pickup back in the 50's.

It's a real deal ... saw it performed 2 years ago at EAA in Oshkosh ... want to say it was put on by two brothers who have an FBO in I think it was Bozeman, MT.

Gives new meaning to "dinghy" ... I didn't see the third person climbing on the front of the RV to help get the aircraft tires in the recesses on the roof in this video.  think I have some pictures of that somewhere.

Howard

The Cole Brothers Air Show used to land a Cub on a platform mounted on the roof of a pickup back in the 50's.

I saw an act like that, Jeff, at a US bicentennial airshow at the Bellingham airport.  IIRC, the Confederate Air Force (I think they changed their name some time later) did a show on that occasion as well.

Ciao,

Doug

John:

The landing of the plane on the RV is real.  I saw it done by the same folks at Oshkosh last summer.  Very impressive flying and driving, but it takes a lot of runway to get it coordinated properly.

Yep,it's for real,I was at the same airshow where this was filmed. It was a 'low budget' show,no Blue Angels or anyting like them,but still fun to watch.
Sadly,I have a picture of the plane that crashed later.We left early because of theh heat and I was shocked when I saw it on tv later that day.

Ron from Big D said:
John:

? ? ?The landing of the plane on the RV is real.? I saw it done by the same folks at Oshkosh last summer.? Very impressive flying and driving, but it takes a lot of runway to get it coordinated properly.

:) I don't doubt that at all Ron. I would have liked to have done it myself in my YOUNGER days. Maybe I even STILL would? ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom