Lane County, OR Spring Flowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Yesterday we decided to take a ride through the countryside to see what might be flowering. We drove out Hwy 36 toward Florence and stopped at a small park where we saw several varieties of plants. The Trillium was really neat. We continued to drive west and turned off toward Horton. The road turned into High Pass Road which ends up as 1st Avenue in Junction City. The mile marker started at 17 and another sign mentioned the road narrowed and was winding for 2 1/2 miles. Whoever measured the distance had a short ruler!!! It was over 5 miles of extremely narrow winding road which turned into gravel. It was a logging road through the mountains!! Along the way we spotted some Deer Vetch and Blue Flag. They are quite intriguing.

It was quite a nice ride but we were lucky they weren't logging at the time. Sheer drop offs and one lane road makes for some nervous traveling especially for the Navigator. ;D

Attached are three pictures of the flowers.

Attachments

• Blue Flag.JPG
    Blue Flag.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 37
  • Deer Vetch.JPG
    Deer Vetch.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 36
  • Trillium.JPG
    Trillium.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 37
Jim

My favorite Oregon wild flower is the Foxglove....at least I think that is its name.<G>

Terry
At Gold Canyon, AZ

Terry
If the Foxglove is on a long stem with bell-like flowers then I have a picture of one taken at friends cottage between Coos Bay and Florence.

Back
Top Bottom