Laptop tray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I'm about to build a laptop tray that sits on the dash of the coach at the navigator station. I'll be using full-extension drawer slides so the tray extends to the passenger seat. Does anyone have a drawing I could use as a model - it might save me a prototype or two.

While we were in QZ, Paul DeMars showed me the one that he and Gary built in Gary's garage. I wish I'd snapped a photo of it because IIRC it will do what I need.

TIA.

Sorry Tom, but I can't help on this.  I sure would appreciate your posting some pictures of what you build.  I would be interested in doing the same thing for my 01 Diplomat.

Thanks and good luck,

Will do Rex. I usually post a description and photos of my projects.

Tom, Here are some pic's of a unit I threw together from scraps.  I don't know the actual measurements off hand as I let the available material and the size of the ThinkPad dictate that.  You may be looking for a nicer piece of furniture where I was interested only in the utility of the thing.  The IBM notebook is so heavy that it tends to tilt forward when fully extended so I used some hook and loop (sticky back) to hold it in place.  The slides are full extension (16") slides.  The top/shelf/bottom are cheap coated shelving from Lowe's.  I think they were originally 15" deep and 24" wide.  The sides are 1/2" poplar. 

The printer is removed for traveling.  Hope this gives you some idea of the space these things occupy and look like.

Now to test my ability to attach photos.. 

Attachments

• DCP_0152.jpg
    DCP_0152.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DCP_0153.jpg
    DCP_0153.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DCP_0154.jpg
    DCP_0154.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 33
Lou,

Thank you very much for the photos. That's just the kind of thing I was looking for.

The wood inside our coach is cherry, which happens to be what we have at home. I have some cherry shelves that we replaced with glass, so I was going to use them, but not without building a prototype out of plain old plywood  ;D

BTW since our coach is front-entry diesel, the passenger seat is quite a bit further back to allow entry. I'm hoping I can use the full extension of the slides I bought.

Back
Top Bottom