Larger Bolder Typeface?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ray D

???

I was reading along, and suddenly my type went bold. Larger, easier to read for these old eyes. Then, it went slightly smaller, still easy to read. I like it.

But,  ??? the question is, is someone doing something with the forum type, or have I done something here on my computer that I don't know about? Is my computer having hickups? I wasn't typing when this happened.

What's happening?

Ray D

If you hold the Ctrl key down while rolling your mouse scroll wheel (if you have one) it will increase or decrease the font size.  Ctrl and the +/- keys will do the same thing.  This may not work in all browsers.

I am barely computer literate. Maybe, I am not quite computer literate.

I didn't know either of those. I didn't do either of those, knowingly, at least. On the other hand, the scroll wheel on my mouse has been acting up, lately, without touching it. May be time for a new mouse.

I checked other sites. The font is the same as it was. Actually, as I am typing this, the font is the same in the messge window, where I am typing, as it use to be. Font, outside the window is larger than it used to be.

I think I'd better get a new mouse. I like the change, in this case, but not the surprise!

Thanks, both of you.

Ray D

I keep the forum on while I'm doing meaningful work. Haven't noticed any font changes................Yeah, treat yourself to a new mouse Ray. All kinds of choices, optical, wireless, etc.........you deserve it ;)

Nothing has changed on the forum, the fonts are as they always were.  Sometimes a page can be messed up by a corruption in the transmission, but a refresh (press F5) will usually fix it.  Have you tried closing the browser then restarting it?

Ned: I did a refresh when I read your response. Didn't change anything. I have been off line and back on, twice, now. Nothing changed. I suspect my mouse, after previous comments. As I said, the scroll wheel has been acting weird, for a week or two, now. Seems to have a mind of its own. I don't even have to have my hand on it for it to start scrolling!

And, for me, the larger type is better. Not sorry it happened. Just didn't know you could do that.

Woodartist: My current mouse and keyboard are wireless, optic. Love that! It's a Microsoft mouse. I would guess that I can just go to the mouse store and buy any wireless, optical, Microsoft, mouse, put batteries in it and play. Am I right? (If that's a stupid question, it is nevertheless the state of my knowledge - best I can do.) Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Ray D

Well, the old standby...Wal Mart should have one. Providing your computer isn't that old any one on the shelf should be OK. Hand the old one on the clothes line and fire away ;D Bring the old one into the store to make sure it has the same connector......
Yeah I like the optical and don't care for the wireless because of security paranoia ( well founded I might add).

You have to be sure the new mouse is compatible with the old wireless receiver.  Just get the same model and you should be fine.  Before replacing it, have you changed the batteries if it's not a rechargeable? 

I'll take the mouse with me, when I go to the store.

Yes, I changed the batteries when it started acting up. I have had it for over two years, and am used to changing batteries. I think it is worn out. (Unless someone here knows a fix. ? ? ?)

Ray D

If this is the only site that's affected, then it most likely has nothing to do with the mouse.  Is there software running that would allow for changing things like font size on a site by site basis?  What happens to the pages if you use a different browser?

I think Ray said his mouse was acting up anyway...so he was going to replace it. Also other sites were OK?????? Thought he said that.
The old re-start, clean cache, etc. might clear up the problem....but since he has one bad LRU, then replace it first?

Ned: This is the only site affected. I only have Microsoft Internet Explorer. (Feel good that I can work that one.) I have the same software I had before the incident, mostly Norton stuff.

Woodartist: I did saythat. I cleaned the computer using Norton, since the change, and it did nothing to the font. One thing that baffles me is that here in this window, the font is still small and harder to see. Fortunately, I know what I am typing!

And, don't lose sight of the fact that I like the larger, bolder font.

Ray D.

Ray,

Can you change the font size with Ctrl and the scroll wheel?  There is nothing in the forum pages that would cause what you're seeing.

Woodartist: You finally found something that I actually knew. Went there, tried it, it worked.

Ned: Yes, Ctrl + scroll does change the size, but randomly. Doesn't matter which way I scroll. Gotta be the mouse. Left this site, briefly, to go to MSNBC and then Fox News. Tried the same. Neither affected the size of the font. Went to a firearms forum. Larger font, just like here, but only in some areas, just like here. Gotta be the mouse! Have no idea why the effect is not universal.

Ray D.

Try restarting your computer and while it's loading hold the button in , on the bottom of the mouse. It might help  Mine was acting up and that cured it.  Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom