Las Vegas Motor Speedway Mini Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terry A. Brewer

We are here with the Vanlucene's & met with the Fitzgerald's for dinner. Some pic's attached.

Attachments

• DSC01260 (Small).JPG
    DSC01260 (Small).JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01261-1 (Small).JPG
    DSC01261-1 (Small).JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01262 (Small).JPG
    DSC01262 (Small).JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC01263 (Small).JPG
    DSC01263 (Small).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01267 (Small).JPG
    DSC01267 (Small).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for the photos Terry. Looks like George is becoming a convert to Segway.

I can just see the reports "Nascar races cancelled in Las Vegas due to SNOW"  Hope it doesn't happen but we seen photos from Jerry in the past showin the snow in Vegas.

They're probably freezing out at the speedway.  We had tiny pellets of hail for about 30 seconds this morning and I noticed all our mountains around the valley have a fresh dusting of snow.  On the news last night they were talking about LV snow records and it seems they had about four inches in the valley in January of 1979.  Everything is dry right now (4:30 p.m.) and 50 degrees but lotsa big black clouds interspersed with blue sky and sunshine.  Hope it's clear in the morning when we leave for the Monaco rally.

ArdraF

Jerry's gonna have to get out that nasty "pink stuff" yet to winterize your motorhome!!! I'll trade your 30 seconds of pellets for our 10 inches of wet white stuff !!

Hi Terry,

Looks like the Segway isn't making George very happy. Also looks like Pam has a new friend! Finally, as you have always said, Betty doesn't take a bad picture!! :) Hope you enjoy the race. We're heading out of here at the end of the week. Sure hate to head north this early. If it doesn't work out, I WON'T do it next year!!!!!!

Ron said:
I can just see the reports "Nascar races cancelled in Las Vegas due to SNOW"  Hope it doesn't happen but we seen photos from Jerry in the past showin the snow in Vegas.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time. We had several snowouts when we used to run the Richmond race this time of year. Had iceouts at Rockingham too.

ArdraF said:
They're probably freezing out at the speedway.? We had tiny pellets of hail for about 30 seconds this morning and I noticed all our mountains around the valley have a fresh dusting of snow.?

Well, it is Saturday evening after the race and  we are warming up.  It did not rain and it did not snow.  Our seats in the new Richard Petty Section afforded  views of the valley  a full 360 degrees.  The planes flying over near Ellis are impressive and  from our seats we can clearly  view each turn and pit row .  They are spectacular seats.  It was 43 degrees when I returned to the motor and the wind blew in our faces the entire race.  Pam and I were bundled up  in our new rain suits (which insured that it did not rain.)  It's so nice to return to the motorhome and and turn on the heater and have a hot coffee with Kahlua. What a life.  Tomorrow we will bring  blankets to the race as many did today and they may have been warmer than we were. The walk back to our motor home was 9 minutes.  We are parked in the checkered  flag section just outside the stadium and this is what the RV life style is all about.  Though I do like it a lot warmer!

Betty

Pretty spectacular crash for John Andretti, wasn't it!!

Got a phone call shortly after the halfway point, so I hit "record". Played it back and, wouldn't you know it, the recording stopped just as Kennseth was making a bid for the lead from Kaine on the white flag lap. Didn't see the finish!!! D - - N!

Karl said:

Got a phone call shortly after the halfway point, so I hit "record". Played it back and, wouldn't you know it, the recording stopped just as Kennseth was making a bid for the lead from Kaine on the white flag lap. Didn't see the finish!!! D - - N!

You didn't miss anything. Kaine won, Kennseth was about three car lengths back.

It was COLD today, in the 40's with a 10-15 mile wind blowing off those snow covered peaks right into our faces. I had long underwear on & still froze. I almost cried when the race went an additional 5 laps.<G>

You know it's cold when George only had one beer.....<BG>

Here are a couple more pics.

Attachments

• DSC01270 (Small).JPG
    DSC01270 (Small).JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC01273 (Small).JPG
    DSC01273 (Small).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 38
Karl said:

That's why you need TIVO!!!! :)

1273 wa a great picture with the sow covered mountains in the background. Now if you can get one or two with the F-22 Raptor in the background...... ;D

Wow ! If that's what the hills near the track look like, what does Charleston Peak look like???

Where's a picture of Terry in long pants and socks?? Or did he wear sandals?  :)

Coldest I've ever been in my life was at the Vegas race a few years back when it rained. My sister and I were so cold, we went looking to buy a jacket or sweatshirt for any driver....we were so cold we would have even bought a Jeff Gordon jacket if we could have found one !!

Terry A. Brewer said:
It was COLD today, in the 40's with a 10-15 mile wind blowing off those snow covered peaks right into our faces. I had long underwear on & still froze. I almost cried when the race went an additional 5 laps.<G>

You know it's cold when George only had one beer.....<BG>

Here are a couple more pics.

Does that mean you'll be looking into parking in one of the back stretch RV sites next year?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Bernie,

Jamie McMurray got up under the rear of him coming out of 4 (I think), made contact, and spun him hard into the outside wall. He slid down to the inside and got creamed by Tim Sauter, going low to avoid, just forward of the driver's window. Nothing he could do to avoid it. Sauters' car had a small fire underneath it for a while, but neither he nor John were injured. Both cars were destroyed.  :'(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom