Las Vegas to Florida - we have 7 weeks to enjoy !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UK-RV

Hi Guys

We leave Vegas on (or abouts) November 1st, heading for Kissimmee for December 22nd - that gives us over 7 weeks of relaxed travel.

We want to visit Graceland and Nashville en-route.

Can anyone suggest some good places to visit during our journey - ideally no more than 100 miles above or below the I-40.

I did think we might copy the Fantasy Tours 28 day Western National Parks tour (http://fantasyrvtours.com/USA/docs/28daywesternparkstour.html#), but that would take 4 weeks of our 7 week total.

Or, perhaps we should just do Bryce and Zion ?

Ideas please ?

Thanks
Paul

While in Memphis, see the scale model of the entire Mississippee river basin with flowing water on Mud island on the Mississippee river.

By all means  That is a must see.  We had the opportunity to view it twice during the World Championship BBQ cook off  a few years ago  Wow  Fabulous food.  Most of the winners don't taste like Memphis BBQ  Much better.

If your anywhere near Houston TX, I highly recommend stopping by to see the Forbidden Gardens in Katy TX. Amazing is an understatement ! Read here

LOL Thanks Guys

Just like buses - nothing for weeks and then 3 in a day.  ;D

We are due in Amarillo today for 2 nights, then Tulsa.

We're due in Branson on Nov 15th for 7 nights, so will "do the shows" etc.

Paul

UK-RV said:
LOL Thanks Guys

Just like buses - nothing for weeks and then 3 in a day.? ;D

We are due in Amarillo today for 2 nights, then Tulsa.

We're due in Branson on Nov 15th for 7 nights, so will "do the shows" etc.

Paul

Paul dont leave Amarillo without visiting Palo Duro Canyon State Park http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/palo_duro/

Paul  Also don't leave you wife in Amarillo at the Flying J.  Thats what I did.  Bumps on head finally starting to go down.

UK-RV said:
Hi Guys

We leave Vegas on (or abouts) November 1st, heading for Kissimmee for December 22nd - that gives us over 7 weeks of relaxed travel.

We want to visit Graceland and Nashville en-route.

Can anyone suggest some good places to visit during our journey - ideally no more than 100 miles above or below the I-40.

I did think we might copy the Fantasy Tours 28 day Western National Parks tour (http://fantasyrvtours.com/USA/docs/28daywesternparkstour.html#), but that would take 4 weeks of our 7 week total.

Or, perhaps we should just do Bryce and Zion ?

Ideas please ?

Why I-40?  It is winter Paul and you are taking a high altitude cold run across the country.  Note that your Fantasy Tour of the western parks is scheduled for October, early October at that.  Do what the natives do, duck south to I-10 -- it is the all weather route.  Head south along the Colorado River.  Take in Quartzite and Tucson with side trips to Tombstone and Bisbee -- doable with a toad.  El Paso (not much0 but a nice side trip to Carlsbad Caverens is possible.  San Antonio is a nice trip for touristing Riverwalk.  Austin has some of the best tunes in America.  Hit the shows on 6th street.  Maybe a dive down to the border and Padre Island.  Houston is just a big town.  New Orleans French Quarter was not flooded out and is up in business.  Then along the Gulf Coast to FL. 

Zion should be nice but Bryce will be in the grips of full winter as will the rest of the Utah parks.    The Grand Canyon is gorgeous albeit cold as hell in the winter.  Consider a I-40 detour to Williams and tour the Canyon, or even Grand Canyon Village -- reservations essential in the Park.

Hi Carl

We did that route when we left Florida in February - and I wouldnt want to drive some of those roads again - the road quality in Alaska was better than a lot of the I-10.

We are in Amarillo today - and it is hot.

We won't mind if it cools down over the next few weeks as we are due to spend mid-December to mid-April in Florida - so that should be enough heat for us.

Don't forget, us Brits can't cope with too much heat.  ;D

Paul

Aww, you should stop by Mississippi for a few.  Its been cool and foggy here for the last few days.  You should feel right at home.

If your in Amarillo area, visit the Palo Duro Canyon N=34.98482 W=101.70218. State Park entrance at rim is $4.00 each person and RV camping is $20 (50amp Electric only). It's Texas version of the Grand Canyon in a smaller scale.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom