Last Revolution i will buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian H

Not that i am not pleased with mine
Fleetwood has stopped production of the 38ft Revolution and the 40ft is too long for the UK
So for my return trip next year (sale of my motorhome permiting) i have spent the last 2 days
at Lazydays looking at  fifth wheels.The intention this time will be a 3 month tour end of January
to end of March,put the 5er in storage and returning for a 6 month tour in October.That means
a load of questions for those with 5ers in the next few days

Ian:

Sorry to hear you are leaving the MH group.

We almost opted for a 5th wheel early in our research for a new home on wheels.

One thing we discovered is that foot for foot, the 5th wheel offers far more living space than a motorhome.  In the end, we went for the integration and independence of the motorhome, but we still jealousy eye the huge space provided by a well designed 5th wheel.  Keep us posted on the progress of your research.

So Ian, I assume that means you'll also be shopping for a large pickup truck.

Thats right Tom
Ford F450 deisel for a truck, the 5er i quite like is the Keystone  Cambridge 35ft 16950 lbs gross weight,lots of nice features ,  four slides,king bed and a closet for stacking washer and drier
with room for a full size ironing board just to mention a few.Like Smoky said they have a lot of room although not the feel of a motorhome but its cheaper and the truck
gives us much needed transport.
I might add that the Revolution has been great and we have both fallen in love with it and it will be a shame to see it go

Ian

There's no doubt about some of the advantages of a 5th wheel. I'd forgotten you don't have a toad, so having the truck for local transport will open up lots of touring possibilities.

Hi Ian

Where are you now ?

When is your UK return scheduled ?

Are you still going to import the MH ?

I am actually getting somewhere with the VAT and Import Duty - email me and I can run thru some of it (although I am waiting for the final, final answer from HM Customs).

Cheers

Paul

PS Can you please give me your honest thoughts on taking your tour without the Toad, and just relying on bikes ? - the wife is very keen for us to stick to the bikes, but I really do wonder if we will get to do too much (Ive even thought of getting a Toad and 2 foldaway bikes to put into one of the bays).

UK-RV said:
(Ive even thought of getting a Toad and 2 foldaway bikes to put into one of the bays).

Paul, why not buy a bike rack and put the bikes on the roof of the toad? That saves space in the bays.

Paul
at the moment we are at Lazydays to get some silly bits done on warranty ,also getting our next rv sorted inc truck
there is no problem using bikes at clearwater the pinnellas trail is 52 miles long soley for bikes ,rollerblades and joggers etc
all blacktop.But it gets bl**dy hot on bikes and next time we will have transport for sure,if its a motorhome its going to be a harley
if its a 5er its the truck that tows it .
We fly out 21st July on our original return flights
Its booked in at Brunswick docks 14th July for shipping 21st July

Folding bikes are expensive ,21 speed mountain bikes are only ?50 each in walmart good quality for the money
Just one thing whats with the South Dakota  thing is there something i am missing out on

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom