Lazy Days in Tampa - Good RV Center or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronhix

I found a nice coach at Lazy Days RV Center in Tampa.  I liked the sales guy I talked with and got the price down to well below the NADA low value.  Seriously considering purchasing this one.

Any of you have any experience with Lazy Days?  Would you recommend them?  Anything I should watch out for with them?

THANKS!

Well, you've asked a mouthful there, Ron.  Lazy Days is the largest single-location RV dealer in the world and many of us have bought coaches or trailers there. Their size and huge sales volume allows them to offer excellent prices and they generally mean to do well by their customers as well as making money for themselves. But that same size often means that things can slip through the cracks or they get backed up in service (and they have over 200 service bays!) and don't complete everything they promised.  We have bought two rigs there and one experience was poor (though ultimately made OK) while the second one went beautifully.  Obviously I was willing to go back for a second round, though. They had the right product and the right price, so how could I not?

May I ask who the salesman is? So many of us have bought there, many of the names are known to us personally. And one LD salesman is a member here and a regular contributor.

RV Roamer said:
May I ask who the salesman is? So many of us have bought there, many of the names are known to us personally. And one LD salesman is a member here and a regular contributor.

The salesman name is Lloyd Ferry. 

Thanks for your response, BTW!  I understand exactly what you are saying. 

Hi Ron,

We have purchased two coaches from Lazy Days, neither from your sales person. They try to do the best they can to provide you with an RV that will suit your needs. As Gary pointed out, sometimes their service is lacking but I believe that is due to the sales department selling more rigs than service can handle. With our first coach we were extremely frustrated with the time it took to service the unit after we had used it for a couple of weeks. From that point on I adopted the attitude that if the work would require one day of service I would expect to be there about a week. I wasn't disappointed. ;D You will meet many new friends and probably see them more than once. This can be a very beneficial part of buying there. They may become friends for life!!!

The best thing you can do is become friends with your Service Adviser. Once you establish a rapor with that person you will have better chance of getting the work done expeditiously. Honey draws more flies than fly paper! We are all human and a little consideration goes a long way in providing satisfaction. I would certainly consider buying another coach from them if I ever win the Lotto!!! ;D ;D ;D

I understand a large amount of English people fly out to LD for their coaches too - obviously service wait is not a problem once the coach is shipped to the UK.  ::)

pueblopedro said:
I understand a large amount of English people fly out to LD for their coaches too - obviously service wait is not a problem once the coach is shipped to the UK.  ::)

I  met a couple that came from the U.K. to purchase a 5th wheel. I would hope most would spend a few weeks at least trying everything out. It would be a very long wait for service once back in the U.K.! ;D

I have purchased three units from LD and have been very satisfied with the Rigs and the financial deals, disappointed with their service.  LD service is disjointed with very slow response.

Do not be in a hurry to leave the Delivery Area and keep your Sales Rep involved.  If you are getting a Monaco Product go see the on-site Monaco Rep and you will get faster and more thorough service.

I would also suggest staying at Rally Park for some period of time after leaving the Delivery Area, it is a nice Campground and it will give you time to test all the operating units within the Rig.  LD will generally pick-up the Tab for a few nights and more if you are a good negotiator, check with your Sales Rep.

Weewun said:
I have purchased three units from LD and have been very satisfied with the Rigs and the financial deals, disappointed with their service.  LD service is disjointed with very slow response.

Do not be in a hurry to leave the Delivery Area and keep your Sales Rep involved.  If you are getting a Monaco Product go see the on-site Monaco Rep and you will get faster and more thorough service.

I would also suggest staying at Rally Park for some period of time after leaving the Delivery Area, it is a nice Campground and it will give you time to test all the operating units within the Rig.  LD will generally pick-up the Tab for a few nights and more if you are a good negotiator, check with your Sales Rep.

Thank you!

I met "pancakebill" over at the Brooksville FMCA Rally last week. He seems like a really nice guy. If anyone is is considering buying from LD consider looking him up. However, don't ask for pancakebill, I did not get very far with that question. There was only one Bill working there so that is how I found him. He tells me there are only two Bills working as salesmen at LD so it shouldn't be hard to find him. Bill Whetstone works also.

The salesman for our last purchase was Brent Harmon and I can't say enough good things about him. He went the extra mile and then some, both during and after the sale. Plus he's a heck of a nice guy as well.

I have posted before and said good things about Lazy Days. Their sales people are great. There service advisors and what happens after that are terrible. The coach is never delivered as promised even for simple things, when you ask to see a boss they send another person to run interference. They double book and want you to comply with their schedule. The place has gotten to big to support what they sell. Lucky for us the Fleetwood rep intervened and is helping get the warranty work done elseware. My advice is buy from them if you can as the price is the best but try to get service from someplace else. Oh by the way watch out for Mary the prison Warden she runs interference for Bob Grady. They wanted us to wait seven to ten day for a part or we could pay for over night shipping.

Sincerely,

Gary and Eileen

Gary,

If you can I would suggest taking your coach to the Fleetwood service center for any work. We have an American Dream and it has always been serviced there except for two occasions in over 7 years. We just plan a trip that way whenever needed. I know it's quite a distance from Lazy Days but the service is much better and the usually have the parts.

Back
Top Bottom