Lci auto retract wont retract all the way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steveblonde

My new Voltage has the 6 point Lci auto level system which is the same as my old one.
The AUTO RETRACT feature only brings up the 2 front 75% and the other 4 jacks 25%
I cannot find a way to recalibrate the retract feature only the level feature which works fine.

IDEAS?

This is the LCI Level-Up system? Does manual retract bring them up, or are they stuck there? If manual retract works, it would seem a controller problem. If neither Auto nor Manual works, it seems a hydraulics problem.

There would be nothing to calibrate for retract - all-jacks-up is a predetermined point.

I don't see anything helpful in the Troubleshooting Guide, but here it is:

Travel trailer: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/leveling-and-stabilization/ccd_0001750.pdf

FifthWheel: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/leveling-and-stabilization/ccd_0001749.pdf

This is the LCI Level-Up system? Does manual retract bring them up, or are they stuck there? If manual retract works, it would seem a controller problem. If neither Auto nor Manual works, it seems a hydraulics problem.

There would be nothing to calibrate for retract - all-jacks-up is a predetermined point.

I don't see anything helpful in the Troubleshooting Guide, but here it is:

Travel trailer: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/leveling-and-stabilization/ccd_0001750.pdf

FifthWheel: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/leveling-and-stabilization/ccd_0001749.pdf
You can raise them manually but its not synced the fronts come up 75,% the middle and rears come up 25% yes its the lci system

Last edited:
This has all the signs of the pump shutting off early, before retract completes. I can't figure out how the system determines that each jack is fully retracted. Other systems like this have a sense switch on each ram that detects the full-up position, so that the controller can verify jacks are up. I don't see anything like that in the Troubleshoot diagram. Could it be as simple as a fixed time, so that too-slow movement resulted in shutoff before all the jacks were up? Are there zerks for lubing the jack rams? I'm just throwing out guesses, since all my hydraulic leveler experience is with motorhome systems rather than trailers.

Just tossing an idea out.....Do you know that the hydraulic tank/reservoir has the correct amount of fluid in it. The tank should indicate "full" when all the hydraulic levellers/front landing gear legs are fully retracted and if applicable, the hydraulic slides are all the retraced/in. It almost sounds like you are low on hydraulic fluid.

I actually got through to Lci and they say it could be control sensor.
The unit is new so i have a couple other monor fixes

I sprayed wd40 white litho greaseon each legs which sped up the process but had forgotten to look at the resoviour- i will chech that

I sprayed wd40 white litho greaseon each legs which sped up the process but had forgotten to look at the resoviour- i will chech that
There is a relay in the front near the reservoir mine was to 30amp. That relay was tripping on mine and LCI tech said to get a 50amp and replace it as every trip the relay got waeker. When tripped the pump quit, replaced it and zero issues since.

There is a relay in the front near the reservoir mine was to 30amp. That relay was tripping on mine and LCI tech said to get a 50amp and replace it as every trip the relay got waeker. When tripped the pump quit, replaced it and zero issues since.

There was a similar issue in some of the Grand Design larger models like mine a few years back. The unit came from Grand Design with a 50A auto-breaker that fed the hydraulic pump circuit for the trailer's hydraulics....both the slides and the levelling legs. The reality is that on those larger units, the pump circuit would draw 68 - 70 amps when running. So after a time period of running the slides in.....or doing a retract all, the pump would stop. After several seconds, the auto-breaker would cool off enough that it would reset and you could run the hydraulic stuff again. Then it would quit again...and reset again. Finally, both Grand Design and LCI agreed that the auto-reset breaker should be an 80A model and they sent out new ones to anyone that had issues.....or you could take it in to a dealer for replacement. When I received mine, I also upgraded the wiring also, as I was just not terribly comfortable with the size wire that was OEM.

Thats good to know thank you - where about its the breaker ? In realation to the reservoir, its snowing again so im not looking today lol
Thanks guys

Steve, the easiest way to find it is to start at the pump area. You will see an electrical solenoid there that is what makes the pump reverse direction....depending on whether you are trying to extend or retract. Follow the red cable from that solenoid back until you see the auto-reset breaker. The other lead off of that autobreaker should directly to the pos. terminal of the battery. In my G.D. trailer, it is mounted on the back wall of the front storage compartment where the generator is located and is behind a Black Plastic cover that you can easily remove.

Steve, the easiest way to find it is to start at the pump area. You will see an electrical solenoid there that is what makes the pump reverse direction....depending on whether you are trying to extend or retract. Follow the red cable from that solenoid back until you see the auto-reset breaker. The other lead off of that autobreaker should directly to the pos. terminal of the battery. In my G.D. trailer, it is mounted on the back wall of the front storage compartment where the generator is located and is behind a Black Plastic cover that you can easily remove.
I know the spot thank you

My automatic leveling system required a zeroing of the jacks once after the battery went dead in the middle of retracting them. I don’t have a link to the process but it was really easy and it worked after that. They wouldn’t come up all the way either.

I havent used the rig since but we are going out this weekend. Im also waiting on some parts on warranty, so if i cant see a fix i will let the dealer worry about it. I i will look and see if low on fliud or wrong relay this weekend

I would interested to find a zero out procedure but i cant find one.

I havent used the rig since but we are going out this weekend. Im also waiting on some parts on warranty, so if i cant see a fix i will let the dealer worry about it. I i will look and see if low on fliud or wrong relay this weekend

I would interested to find a zero out procedure but i cant find one.
Steve, see if this link helps. There are several versions of the screen type, so see if your is listed in this set of instructions.... https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/technical-information-sheets/electronics/ccd-0003446.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom