Learn from our mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dichuck

We travel in a 35ft motorhome with our three small dogs.  Recently after a three week vacation, we were preparing to come home.  We did all of the usual prep stuff.  I said to my husband that I was going to take the dogs out one last time before getting on the road.  That is when we noticed that one of our dogs was missing.  We thought he must have gotten out while we were working.  We searched the campground asking everyone if they had seen our dog, no one did.  We thought then he must be somewhere in the motor home, but he was not to be seen.  It was then that my husband realized that he was trapped between the slide and our wall of cabinets.  When we retacted the slide, he was already dead.  I cannot explain the horrow of that sight, our dog crushed by the slide.  Our mission is to try and inform as many people as possible of the danger of the slide.  We carry the guilt of what happened as we know it was our fault.  It could happen to a small child just as easily.  We had no idea he was there.  Please check and double check before and while you are bringing in your slides.
Chuck and Dianne

My thoughts go out to you.  I had a similar incident years ago with a pull out couch.  I had 3 Siamese cats in the house at the time and we had visitors over one weekend.  Come Monday morning after the visitors had left, we cleaned up the place and put things back in order.  This included folding the couch back up.  Little did I know that my eldest cat decided to pick a spot under the couch to take a nap.  Some of the metal framework of the couch came down on her neck as I folded it back up as a couch.  I couldn't find her for hours.  When I did, I felt terrible.  I folded up the couch.  I understand what you went through.

It was an accident.  You have to realize that fact.  You also learn from the incident. 
Best wishes.

Oh, this is so sad for you.  Obviously, it was a horrible accident.  Thank you for sharing so this won't happen to someone else.  My condolences.

Oh I am so sorry for your loss and such terrible conditions.  My heart goes out to both of you and thanks for sharing it with others so that they follow your suggestion, I know I will certainly look from now on.  I am truly saddened for you.

Wow...we are so sorry to hear this has happened to you. Thank you so much for taking the time to consider others as you go through this unimaginable pain. Our hearts truly go out to you.

-Trevor & Roni

As I read your post I was truly hoping for a good/happy ending. I hope you just felt the soft touch of GOD as I prayed for you both.

Back
Top Bottom