Learning Curve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helmerb

I just purchased a 2006 Winnebago Journey 36SE. My second Class A coach, but my first diesel. I bought it from a small dealer a couple of hours away from my house, and the "orientation" we had was not very good. This thing is taking me to school! The coach is in great condition, but I've been making a few minor updates; (replacing the old Sony TV with a flat screen, retrofitting lights with LED's, installing a new wall mounted headboard) There are so many switches, bells and whistles that it seems I learn something every day. Thank goodness for this forum, and the internet in general to aid me in my education! One issue I discovered after purchase is a leak somewhere in the HWH 325 Series Leveling system under the entry step, resulting in hydraulic fluid dripping on the pavement. The leveling system, jacks, and slides all operate properly otherwise. I'm not sure this repair is something I want to tackle as access looks to be pretty tight and I have no experience with this type of repair. Looking for advice and a broad estimate of what it may cost to have a repair shop go through and get rid of the leak. 

Hydraulic hoses and fittings usually aren't all that hard to replace and hoses can usually be made to fit at a local hydraulic shop.  Most every area has one to service farm & construction equipment, which always have hydraulics, so you just have to hunt it down..

If you have access to both ends of a hose, just connect the new hose to the old hose and pull the new hose through using the old hose

Check the 4 (?) large brass hex 'bolts' on top of the HWH pump assembly and make sure they're tight.  That's a known leak possibility (it happened to me and others I've read of as well).

cbeierl said:
Check the 4 (?) large brass hex 'bolts' on top of the HWH pump assembly and make sure they're tight.  That's a known leak possibility (it happened to me and others I've read of as well).
Exact same situation with my Horizon, chances are good that's your problem as well. With jacks up and slides in, check the fluid level in that tank.

Btw, you should find that the top 2 entry steps hinge up for access to the HWH system.  Undo the nut under the center lip of the step to hinge up.

Looks like you got sound advise about your issue. We just moved up to an Itasca DP. Loads of stuff to learn, yes. But, having or looking up manuals to scan through helps alot. I actually winterized mine after telling my wife, "no, not going to chance it"! Take your time learning on some short trips or driveway camping if you can. Congrats!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizwood71
Back
Top Bottom