LED lights- best place to buy? Best deals etc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toaster

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 10, 2012
Posts
90
Im looking at doing some LED lights, just wondering what are the best buys out there? They tend to run around $10.00 a piece. Saw these at Amazon, for $6 something:

Anyone have a favorite bulb style? These look pretty good at 160 lumens.

http://www.amazon.com/HQRP-Bayonet-Replacement-Radiation-Health/dp/B004XMW874/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1GBHK4ZYKUJ7P&coliid=I2371ZNHLLMLED
 

rickf

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 26, 2010
Posts
85
X2 on rvledbulbs advertised here.  and they have a %15 discount.
purchased some at the good sams rally and they interfere with the
Television.  the ones at rvledbulbs do not.
given the price,  I would rather not have wasted that amount of
money  on bulbs that I can't use.
 

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Posts
74,329
Location
At our Silver Springs FL home
I was chatting with Brian Skone at rvledbulbs.com the other day and he mentioned that they are seeing excellent results from the less expensive "no name" leds they get direct from China. Several thousand have been sold with very few complaints of any sort.  They may not be quite up to the standards of the Starlights Revolution and Ming leds, but Brian says they performing well at a significantly lower price point. And as always, rvledbulbs.com will stand behind them 100%, so there is no risk to the buyer.
 

bomberchamp

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Posts
9
Location
Las Vegas NV
I tried for about 6 months to find the right bulbs for my rig and after 4 tries I went with ones similar to those you are looking at. I suggest you order a couple of them and see if they work for you. It only takes a couple of days to get them delivered to you if you have amazon prime
 

mylo

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 1, 2012
Posts
220
Location
Phoenix, AZ
I replaced all of mine with these (except in warm white) : http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-BA15S-S8-LED-Bulb-Lamp-70-Lumen-Cool-White-12V-AC-DC-for-Boat-RV-Car-Auto-/160825741798?pt=US_Light_Bulbs&hash=item2571f611e6

I was able to get them down to $5/bulb. Had I known about the forum sponsor, I would have tried them first.


Mylo
 

Toaster

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 10, 2012
Posts
90
mylo said:
I replaced all of mine with these (except in warm white) : http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-BA15S-S8-LED-Bulb-Lamp-70-Lumen-Cool-White-12V-AC-DC-for-Boat-RV-Car-Auto-/160825741798?pt=US_Light_Bulbs&hash=item2571f611e6

I was able to get them down to $5/bulb. Had I known about the forum sponsor, I would have tried them first.


Mylo

Well, the sealed water-proof ones are good for outdoor lighting.
 

davencjkan

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Posts
102
Location
Where we park it!!
rickf said:
X2 on rvledbulbs advertised here.  and they have a %15 discount.
purchased some at the good sams rally and they interfere with the
Television.  the ones at rvledbulbs do not.
given the price,  I would rather not have wasted that amount of
money  on bulbs that I can't use.
We bought some leds at the good sam rally from rvtechno and have no problem with them whatsoever - no interference with the tv at all - they also have a two year warranty
 

Toaster

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 10, 2012
Posts
90
http://www.rvledbulbs.com/product-p/hp-1141c.htm

Anyone know the amp hours for these? These would be fairly bright!  8)
 

99WinAdventurer37G

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Posts
1,143
Location
Saginaw, TX (north fort worth area)
I got mine from RVLEDBulbs.com as well.  Super fast shipping, ordered on the weekend, had them before the next weekend.  I got a 10 pack of the non directional and then some of the more expensive directional bulbs.  I got the directional ones for my reading lamps, and these  http://www.rvledbulbs.com/product-p/hp-1141n-10.htm for my lamps that come out from the wall.  I also used those in the roof lamps and have foil on the roof side of the fixture. I find they provide plenty of light and work better for me than the directional for those lights on the roof and in the hall.  I think the code is FORUM that gives you the discount.  If that doesn't work use RVFORUM. 
 

rickf

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 26, 2010
Posts
85
Dave,
I bought mine at techmorv also.  the on for the spotlight doesn;'t interfere
but the one that looks like a silver dollar(disk shape) with the leds on one
side does interfere.  sent them e-mails, but they don't seem to want to
respond.
 

JiminDenver

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 11, 2012
Posts
506
Earlier this year I replaced all of the lights in our trailer with LEDs from a seller on ebay. For $50 I got ten 48 LED panels and ten 9 LED cob styles. They work great for boondocking because we never have hook ups and don't need them to be regulated. The panels are as bright or brighter than the original bulbs and the cobs create a nice comfortable light for sitting around watching TV or eating. I have the cobs in the ceiling fixtures and the panels in task areas where I want more light. We usually have 4 of the smaller cobs on from dusk to bedtime and our battery is never down below 12.4v even with furnace use.

This is the seller I used but the same items are sold by many and usually with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150813054383?item=150813054383&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L%3Cimg%20src=
 

knuts1

Active member
Joined
Feb 25, 2011
Posts
30
These are the same ones I got for my x17z and they work great!!!


JiminDenver said:
Earlier this year I replaced all of the lights in our trailer with LEDs from a seller on ebay. For $50 I got ten 48 LED panels and ten 9 LED cob styles. They work great for boondocking because we never have hook ups and don't need them to be regulated. The panels are as bright or brighter than the original bulbs and the cobs create a nice comfortable light for sitting around watching TV or eating. I have the cobs in the ceiling fixtures and the panels in task areas where I want more light. We usually have 4 of the smaller cobs on from dusk to bedtime and our battery is never down below 12.4v even with furnace use.

This is the seller I used but the same items are sold by many and usually with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150813054383?item=150813054383&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L%3Cimg%20src=
 

tvman44

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 4, 2009
Posts
1,633
knuts1 said:
These are the same ones I got for my x17z and they work great!!!
I used these 48 LED panels but since we always have electric hook up I installed a LM7812 voltage regulator(which I got from E-Bay) at each fixture and they work great, more light and a lot lot less heat.
 
Top Bottom