LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

perkins

Hi    Just got registered.  Also just got our first travel trailer.    Basically know nothing.  I am a do it yourself type.    Interested in changing out the lights to LED.    Unit is a 2013 evergreen light,  22'.  Picked up some LED bulbs at a trailer outfit,  won't mate into the socket.  Are there bulbs out there that will work in the old original sockets?  Thanks for any info you may have.........Perkins

Yes, but you need to remove one or two bulbs and take them with you into the RV store.  Check several lights to see if all of yours are the same.  Some have a metal socket around the base and push and twist in and others have nothing but glass on the bottom and just push into the socket.  If you take one with you, you can get the right versions.  And just like regular light bulbs, you will want to get the right brightness as a replacement. 

Welcome to the RV Forum Perkins

As Judy said just take the bulbs out that you want to replace and match them for base type, wattage and overall size.

gotcha Gizmo,  love you quote at the end,  retired veterinarian here.  Hey,  any tips you may have anytime for a novice is greatly appreciated.  gong to take the unit to the local reservoir for a few days to get to know it a bit.  planning on the NW adventure to Montana later in the summer.   

The first thing we did was spend the night in our TT in the driveway ...Made Dinner, took showers and made do with the things we had on board. The goal was to avoid going in the house. Now were able to plug in to a 30 amp service to run A/C. So that made it a little easier.

Then we did our shakedown trip to work out any other issues.

It's amazing the things that you don't think about until you reach for the salt and pepper and there's none on the table.

perkins said:
gotcha Gizmo,  love you quote at the end,  retired veterinarian here. 

Well the dog is fooled....But the wife thinks it's nice that I have a goal...And to keep trying ;D

12v Bulbs are designated with standard model numbers, e.g. 1141  or 1156.  That model designate both the type of the base and the electrical characteristics. If you buy the same bulb number, it will fit, whether led or incandescent.
Incandescent RV lighting generally has one of three types of bulb base: bayonet, wedge or bi-pin.  However, if you buy the matching bulb number, you don't need to worry about that.  An 1141, for example, always has a bayonet base and a 921 is always a wedge base.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/rv-led-lights/
There is nothing unique about an RV light bulb except that it is 12v, like in a car or boat.  You can buy 12v bulbs just about anywhere.

perkins said:
Hi    Just got registered.  Also just got our first travel trailer.    Basically know nothing.  I am a do it yourself type.    Interested in changing out the lights to LED.    Unit is a 2013 evergreen light,  22'.  Picked up some LED bulbs at a trailer outfit,  won't mate into the socket.  Are there bulbs out there that will work in the old original sockets?  Thanks for any info you may have.........Perkins

Forget the RV store. Walmart or any auto parts store is cheaper. Take the old bulb with you.

and thank you Judy...  I had a reply for you and don't know where it went.  anyway,  I see you have been experiencing RV life for quite awhile.  I only have about a million questions.  Got the original manual but value one's personal experience as well.  I poured an 8x10 pad to keep it on.  Should I pull it up on 2x6's to keep the tires off the cement?  I have the UV covers for the tires.    Not so hot at navigating around the website.  Really appreciate all the information.  Any threads you can point me to.  my best 

thanks Gary and Cavie,  long way from an RV store,  but headed to town today and will check out Oreilly's and such.  Appreciate your reply.....

perkins said:
I only have about a million questions.

The only thing I ask is that you create a new post for every question you have. You'll get better exposure that way. Some members reading the title of this post may not take the time to read down through it whereas a new post, they may be more interested and you may get an answer for your issue sooner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom