Lesson learned hard way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RREngr

Hi all,  Just took our "maiden voyage" in MH.  Had a good time, terrific views of ocean from RV park.  Lesson learned--make sure the sink covers are fully secured before driving.  Had one slide off, tore hole in screen and made dent in MH door!  Cause was waiting till last minute to empy coffee cups and driver suddenly ready to go!  Next time will make sure to take a minute for a final check before pulling out.  Now husband has to rescreen the door and I need to figure out what product to use to fill in the big dent!  Kay

If you are talking about the sink covers that do double duty as cutting boards get some of those little rubber/soft plastic buttons that are sold in homeowner supply stores and push them into the bottom of the cutting board so that fit tight against the rounded corners of the sink. If you locate them properly you will have to push the board into position. This will keep it from flying out.

Woody

Great idea Woody.  I actually need some of those for a kitchen cabinet door at the stick house too.  Just felt so bad damaging something our first time out--oh well, live and learn, right?  Now I need to figure out how to keep the carpet clean.  Bought covers for the door steps so shoes can be wiped, and put down a couple of throw rugs which were always shifting and a real nuisance.  Think I will get one of those little steam carpet cleaners and just clean it after each trip.  Anyone have one?  I was thinking about the little green machine.  I think I saw them at Walmart.  Kay

I glued some of that rubber net matting that comes in rolls to the bottom of the small rugs on the stops in my entryway and also one at the top of the steps. They  keep them from moving around. I just sprayed 3M brand adhesive on the backs of the rugs and pressed the matting into it.

Woody

RREngr said:
Think I will get one of those little steam carpet cleaners and just clean it after each trip.? Anyone have one?? I was thinking about the little green machine.? I think I saw them at Walmart.? Kay
I have one of the little handheld steam cleaners, and have not had very good luck with it.  It just doesn't seem to do a very good job.  We now have a full size steam cleaner, but that's for the home use.  We just use the back door in the trailer where the linoleum is, and don't go in the front with the carpet!

Wish I had that option.  Only one door in our MH.  Hoping that the stair covers and a throw rug at the top will get most of the tracked in dirt.  Don't really like the idea of having to take shoes off.  I do have a regular carpet cleaner at the stick house, but too big to take on trips and no way to use it with the slide out since we have to store MH at a storage area.  I think I will do some online inquiries about the small cleaners and read some of the reviews.  I know carpet makes the MH feel homey and cozy, but seems unpractical for campsites.  Might get one of those green outdoor carpets that I see, that might help keep some of the dirt out too.  Not a big deal--just hoping to keep the MH nice as long as possible.  Thanks for your input.  Kay

Kay,

I have a "Little Green Machine" and love it. Small size makes for easy cleaning in all those small places or spot cleanups, and it has quite powerful suction for such a small unit. It is NOT, however, a true steam cleaner. You fill it with cleaning solution and hot water. The small head size makes it impractical for large areas like an 8x10 rug, but who cares? It stores easily in a bay.

Karl,

The Little Green Machine sounds like what I need for quick cleanups, especially right at the top of the stairs where the dirt gets tracked in the most, or for places that need it because I knocked a glass of soda over while on one of our outings!!

I have a regular big one at the stick house that I will plan on using once in a while to clean all the carpet.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Kay

JW1318'

There are some new spot cleaners out there that you set on top of the spot and it does its' thing. Not sure if you can use it like a regular carpet cleaner. The Little Green...... has a hose and spray/vacuum head which you can use just like a vacuum cleaner.

I remembered the Folex and took it with me on last trip.  Did some spot cleaning where needed and will plan on using the big carpet cleaner once in awhile also.  The Folex does a great job, just spray on and then wipe with a damp cloth.  Often the spot will disappear before you can even get the damp cloth to wipe it!  Very effective product, works great on upholstery also.  Yeah!  Kay

Back
Top Bottom