Let's do this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coy55boyrv

First, a little back story. I've always liked to travel. That's one of the reasons I joined the Navy right out of high school. My first ship was home ported in Yokosuka, Japan and we visited ports all over the Pacific. Whether through fate or a sub-conscious desire, I've mostly had jobs during the course of my life that required lots of travel. Shortly after leaving the Navy, I purchased my first motorcycle and have owned at least one (I currently have 2 and at one time had 3). I find my greatest peace in life while riding. About a year ago, a moto-buddy of mine decided to go full time RVing. I recently retired and decided that I now have time to revisit some of the places I've been in the past but didn't have time to really explore. So, after careful consideration, I decided that now would be the best time to begin enjoying the time I have left.

I've looked at all the different RV options. I started with a truck/cramper (not a misspell) first because of it's ultra small footprint. But, they are just too small for me. Then I looked at 5th wheel toy haulers. While they have plenty of living space, it's not until you unload the toy and I like to keep my bike inside where it's protected from the elements and the unscrupulous among us. I even considered a travel trailer and carry the bike in the bed of the truck. But, I couldn't find a bike loader I was comfortable with. Eventually, I started looking at Class A's and C's. After weighing the pros and cons of each, I determined to get a class A.

Which leads me to now. Yesterday, I purchased a 99 Winnebago Adventurer 32T with the Ford chassis option. It needs a little work to get it ready for adventure. Most of the items that need attention are things I can easily manage on my own. But, for other issues, I'm going to need the opinions and experience of others who've already been there...done that. I'll preemptively ask forgiveness for asking dumb questions. Just bear with me. I'm a quick learner.

For the time being, I'm going to use the 5x10 enclosed trailer I already have. If Rving suits me (and more importantly my better half) I'll look more seriously at a carrier. Right now, I'm leaning toward the Cruiserlift model. I'd prefer electric to hydraulic. First, I need to get the RV ready to go and then get the front and rear axles weighed to determine if adding 1200 lbs. to the rear of the coach is even feasible. So much to do, so little time...

Welcome to the forum. No question is a dumb one. If you don't know the answer, it's not dumb to ask.
One of the 1st thing you should do, if you haven't already, is check the manufactures date code on all the tires. If they are 7/8 years old, replace them.

Welcome to the Forum. Congrats on the new-to-you RV. Lots of knowledgeable members on the site that are always happy to help.

Welcome to the Forum.  I love riding too, I try to get a 60-100 mile cruise in at least 3-4 times a week, whilst the better have is working  8).  Ask away, there are lots of smart ones I have learned a bunch from. 

Rene T said:
One of the 1st thing you should do, if you haven't already, is check the manufactures date code on all the tires. If they are 7/8 years old, replace them.
All 6 tires on the ground are just over 3 years old. The spare, OTOH, probably wouldn't qualify as a safety barrier at a race track. It was used at some point as indicated by wear, but it still might be one of the originals!

Welcome to the RV Forum coy55boyrv

And don't worry about posting a "dumb question"....It gives some of us something to do on a rainy day.

Hi Cowboy, welcome to the forum! I hold the current record for dumb questions and I don't see my record being beat too soon so stand in line! People here are pretty forgiving and helpful, they've saved my butt more times than I can count.

As already shared... the only questions around here are GOOD ones. :)

Welcome to the RV lifestyle, and feel free to check our extensive archive of discussion threads, jump into any ongoing conversations, or post those new questions of your own WHEN (not if) you have them!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom