Leveler Beeping Alarm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudshark

Hi All
We have a light on the leveler control panel that does not go off when I retract the levelers. Once I release the parking brake it starts beeping and won't stop. If I turn the wheel to the right while driving it stops for a few seconds then resumes. I have checked visually and all levelers are fully retracted. I have run them up and down a couple of times and no change. Is this alarm tied into a sensor that monitors fluid level in the reservoir?

Thanks Dan
That was going to be my next move once I get the coach back. Cummins has it right now to repair the genset.
The manual is in the coach that tells me what fluid to buy.

mudshark said:
Hi All
We have a light on the leveler control panel that does not go off when I retract the levelers. Once I release the parking brake it starts beeping and won't stop. If I turn the wheel to the right while driving it stops for a few seconds then resumes. I have checked visually and all levelers are fully retracted. I have run them up and down a couple of times and no change. Is this alarm tied into a sensor that monitors fluid level in the reservoir?
mudshark
You can find the jack "reservoir filling instructions" in the owners manual for the jacks.

To fill a RVA Jack reservior the instructions say: "Run one of the jacks down about 6 inches and then slowly add Dexron ATF, (automatic transmissin fluid), untill the alarm stops".

mel s said:
mudshark
You can find the jack "reservoir filling instructions" in the owners manual for the jacks.

To fill a RVA Jack reservior the instructions say: "Run one of the jacks down about 6 inches and then slowly add Dexron ATF, (automatic transmission fluid), until the alarm stops".

See: https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/57188221_284365049155362_7224744469206138880_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=c210bde2184a8eff583a8e908c61b0b9&oe=5D3D9133

But make sure you check the level with the jacks up and only add fluid then the jacks are up. If this is done when the jacks are down you will end up with mess, don't ask me how I know this. ???

Mine used to beep, and I discovered that it was caused because I tried to put them up after turning the engine on.  I learned to put them up before warming up the engine in the morning. NP.

Power gear (And Some other makes) use a float switch in the fluid reservoir to sense when the jacks are up.  The theory is if the tank is FULL jacks are up.

So first do a full visual on the jacks ANY silver showing above the pad... Put a floor jack under it and pup up a bit then hit the retract switch again. IF NO silver i showing..

Check the fluid level.. Add the proper transmission fluid if needed... IF THat does not work. Well there i a pair of wires coming off the top of the tank. YOu can disconnect those (IF it's a flat 2 unplug an reconnect just one lead) and drive to a service center NOTE This disables the alarm so if you do it you can damage the jacks if you forget to retract them.. Thus only do it till you get it fixed. and make that your next stop.

Thanks Guys!
I appreciate all the responses. When I got in there a couple of weeks ago I did read that fluid level is checked with the levelers retracted. Gary is right that they are Power Gear levelers. I may have Dextron III in the coach storage compartment. Unfortunately, Cummins in Albuquerque is closed for the weekend. I will have to live with the beeping until I get the chance to pick up the coach and get out of the city proper.

For those who have viewed and helped me on the generator issue I had a month or so ago, I did what I could trying to fix the problem to no avail.
We are now in New Mexico and Cummins has told us the voltage regulator has to be replaced. They have ordered one overnight and we should be on the road by Tuesday. They are replacing the brushes and cleaning the slip rings as standard procedure.

There is a float type level sensor in the reservoir.  It's what turns the buzzer off(if it works).  Mine quit working not long after I bought the coach.  I verified correct fluid level often, as I was pouring oil out of a couple of the jacks. 
After I got the cylinders repacked and the thing quit leaking I wanted to fix the stupid little float switch/level.  Removing it and cleaning made no difference.
You might check the orientation of the switch.  My RV guy told me if they aren't exactly vertical that the float can bind.  My float didn't bind and it still didn't turn off the buzzer even when I held it in my hand and operated it.
Then I found out that the stupid thing is like $80!
Since I do a walk-around every time before I move the coach anyway, I disconnected the switch. The buzzer quit buzzing, and the jacks work just as they should. 
Crap, $80 is a half tank of gas after all.

YOu can get Dextron III at most any Auto supply or gas station.

And odds are like 90% or more that's your solution.

Worst case as I said you can pull the plug on the float switch.  Though I do not suggest you do that often due to the "OH I Forgot" feature damaging jacks.

Thanks Guys
I will get some Dextron III if I don't have any in the coach before we hit the road. I also do a walk around before moving the coach and I visually check to make sure the levelers are fully retracted.

Back
Top Bottom